Zee Lights

skifreak

Was cool seeing the webcams last night and this morning blowing. Looks like possible snowmaking tomorrow night and likely snowmaking Monday night. Then maybe Wednesday and Thursday nights.  If they can get open for Root Friday or next weekend great otherwise I really think they're open the first weekend in December or maybe even during the week after thanksgiving.  Temperatures look favorable.  Best case we're only 6 sleeps away from opening day at Blue and worst case about 2 weeks. 

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Really pushing to get open this weekend. If they would line Vista on either side with guns we wouldn't be having this conversation right now and we would be there skiing.

One year when all the weather stars line up, they should just annihilate Vista with every thing they have, just to open once before BB.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Bad idea the vista lift doesn't have enough capacity for opening day crowds. 

Stop saying that.

What's the harm in them being open a week earlier?  Just because you don't want to ski Vista, doesn't mean other people don't.  It's the same reason you don't go to BB.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I know it would be a mess.  Like worse than disastrous at BB with just one lift.  I just think they should do it once.  

They opened with just vista, easy out and come around a few years ago..I had the first civilian vista chair and by the second time I got to the vista lift there was a long line and the line ended up over a half hour long so I retreated to the parking lot. Worst opening day ever then they shutdown for awhile and reopened with just the vista lift for a few days as well.  

4 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

How about postpone Come around Park in favor of Main Street top-to-bottom?

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Usually Main Street does open top to bottom. Very rarely it's easy out to vista to midway to lower Main Street opening day. Early season peeps are more likely younger people and snowboarders so it's important to have a bonkyard for the JibHonks on opening day. 

3 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Stop saying that.

What's the harm in them being open a week earlier?  Just because you don't want to ski Vista, doesn't mean other people don't.  It's the same reason you don't go to BB.

I haven't been to BB since I was about 12.  Is it really just about as steep as Vista?