Zee Lights

skifreak

22 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

There are some guns on right now. Valley cam shows some blowing in from the right, and something blowing up above Frontier. Tubing cam shows gun above Frontier clearly. Main St cam looks like some guns on on Upper Main St

Boom frost on my car. Another night getting colder than forecast!!!

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
19 hours ago, IceEidolon said:
Looks like Tubbin', Lazy, Home Stretch, Valley School as I drove by. Some stuff by the patrol building too. Car thermometer said 33 at the top of the hill.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

I know it's a long shot but Lazy next weekend would be so damn good.

Not happening. I'd just be happy if they were open next weekend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
20 hours ago, IceEidolon said:
Looks like Tubbin', Lazy, Home Stretch, Valley School as I drove by. Some stuff by the patrol building too. Car thermometer said 33 at the top of the hill.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

I know it's a long shot but Lazy next weekend would be so damn good.

You're dreaming.  It's not a long shot it's a no shot. 

Upper Main would be really nice.  There may be a shot at that.  But yeah, other than a few small windows, it looks sucksville for a while temperature wise.  Good thing they blew like they did, when they did, dont wanna go around looking like Camelback.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Sun is coming up on Main St now and the guns are still on Lower Main.  Must be another inversion day.

Guns are off...the majority of clear/light wind early mornings are inversions..if there's cloud cover there's almost never an inversion.  Should be another ok night of blowing tomorrow night.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm not too confident in The Weather Channel. But John Hickey's report from last night looks pretty promising.

http://wnep.com/2017/11/27/beyond-the-7-day-looking-for-cold-and-snow/

"All of this is to say that winter weather lovers *might* enjoy what is to come for early to mid-December.  While it’s much too early to call for any individual storm this far out, the 'window of opportunity' certainly appears to be presenting itself for an active start to meteorological winter."

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Johnny Law knows a lot about weather and climate.  Maybe he'll post his thoughts. 

Currently your only going to get little spurts of cold air until what appears to be mid december, the turn could be as early as the 7th but looks more like the 15th. All the cold air is up swirling at the poles and you need the oscillations to sort of knock it out or more accurately you need them to send the cold air our way.  So this is just a model but you get the idea of how the cold air works, think of cold air as this kinda super limited resource locked away at the poles and for us to get it, particularly in the early season we need a conveyor of air to coral it into the NE/MA. That conveyor doesn't look to show up until mid dec so until then were all just sort of jerking off, the question will be of course is how long does this cold air stick around. It appears as if it may stick around for a bit and give rise to some snow possibly, zonal wave flux looks promising, models show lots of easterly flow but that hasn't shown up in real life yet. NAO/PNA also looks good with NAO looking negative

c1cM4pO.png

If you like wildcard kind of bets there is a volcano in Indonesia named Gunung Agung that is low key erupting and one of the super dopest winters was 54 years ago when it last erupted. Currently it ain't doing enough in terms of ash to do much this year but that can change real quick so outside bets on an Indonesian Volcano making skiing dope at Blue Mtn.......

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

OK lol and accuweather is garbage..I don't know where they got that data. Xmas week is usually super warm. 

Last year we had rain and snow Christmas week if i recall.  

Here, play with this.  they actually rank weather sites/location.  

https://www.forecastadvisor.com/Pennsylvania/Palmerton/18071/

Nobodys forecast is ever really that accurate.  Take Accuweather, Weather.com, and Weatherbug and smash them all together, and there is your forecast.  If all three say Friday will be sunny and 45 degrees, chances are high thats what will happen.  If they all disagree, then its a coin toss.  Put that 45 or 90 day crap that accuweather has in the trash.  total speculation.  

• Thanks 1