Zee Lights

skifreak

No no no and no.  Stick to leaf peeping 

I’m not saying it’s the right move, but if temps don’t look conducive long term, but you still want to try to have something open for Thanksgiving, the Vista Chair offers a decent solution and doesn’t throw a ton of snowmaking $$$ out the window.

1 hour ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I’m not saying it’s the right move, but if temps don’t look conducive long term, but you still want to try to have something open for Thanksgiving, the Vista Chair offers a decent solution and doesn’t throw a ton of snowmaking $$$ out the window.

Vista is harder to get open than lower Main Street. It’s a lot wider and the snowmaking cannons are farther apart.  The main test will be midweek. If they can get 36 hours of blowing and another 36 hours in early next week all systems go. The one year they opened with just vista lift the line for Vista was prohibitively long within 2-3 runs. 

5 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

Vista doesn't need - and usually won't - open with full width. That said, if they were going to try for a Vista Lift opening, you'd see the other guns on Vista running too, not to mention Come Around and Easy Out.

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

It was the first night of snowmaking with marginal temperatures...wait until midweek if temperatures stay as forecasted and they’ll light up lower Main Street and midway..all out assault..operation blizzard 2.0

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I thought it was Salty's first day? No? or did he go to Cameltoe before that?

I was there both opening day and 12/10. I also made some trips to "Cameltoe" around that time, I think. Opening day was awkward because I didn't know any of you and made eye contact with Atomic a few times, then he yelled "Salty" and I was introduced to 10 or 15 people at the same time. Fun times.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I was there both opening day and 12/10. I also made some trips to "Cameltoe" around that time, I think. Opening day was awkward because I didn't know any of you and made eye contact with Atomic a few times, then he yelled "Salty" and I was introduced to 10 or 15 people at the same time. Fun times.

Ah for some reason I thought that was your first day. Maybe it was because it was the first time that I met you since I wasn't there opening weekend except Sunday afternoon.