Zee Lights

skifreak

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Ah for some reason I thought that was your first day. Maybe it was because it was the first time that I met you since I wasn't there opening weekend except Sunday afternoon.

Yeah that explains it. I went back and checked Steeze's official transcribed record of attendance for opening day and you were absent. Steeze introduced you to me another day when you called me Salt Face. Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

It was 25' and crystal clear skies this morning and no guns going.
What's up with that?   Are they just teasing us?

Maybe they didn’t think the temperature would get so cold overnight.  They should have taken advantage of the cold night. When there’s frost on the pumpkins there’s should be snowmaking cannons firing 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe they didn’t think the temperature would get so cold overnight.  They should have taken advantage of the cold night. When there’s frost on the pumpkins there’s should be snowmaking cannons firing 

I agree. The original lows were projected at 31, but it hit that at 8 last night and was 24 this morning when I woke up. Could have gotten another 12 hours in addition to what they will get later this week.

• Like 1

Can 12 hrs of snowmaking get wiped out by an inch of rain?  i dont know, but i would think they have to factor that in.  i really curious as to what Freedom looks like on Tuesday after the rain.  lets circle back to this tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe its just me, or an optical illusion, but not super impressed with 2 nights production.  I think they will need wednesdays temps to stay in the snow zone so they get a good 24 hrs or so on this.  

image.png.2730742496f2811ab8f9b42bec5fa4f2.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Can 12 hrs of snowmaking get wiped out by an inch of rain?  i dont know, but i would think they have to factor that in.  i really curious as to what Freedom looks like on Tuesday after the rain.  lets circle back to this tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe its just me, or an optical illusion, but not super impressed with 2 nights production.  I think they will need wednesdays temps to stay in the snow zone so they get a good 24 hrs or so on this.  

I agree with everything you just said. Was hoping for better, but still expecting a weekend opening.

29 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Are you even planning on skiing freedom??

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are you even planning on skiing freedom??

I might.  If there are a few PASR's going, i can ride the worlds slowest lift and ski the trail with the least vert in the world.  i dont think an opening this weekend would be as stupid crowded as an opening on black friday.  Plus, if they do actually make the friday opening, i would owe Toast his aggressive hand shake, or whatever it was we bet.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I might.  If there are a few PASR's going, i can ride the worlds slowest lift and ski the trail with the least vert in the world.  i dont think an opening this weekend would be as stupid crowded as an opening on black friday.  Plus, if they do actually make the friday opening, i would owe Toast his aggressive hand shake, or whatever it was we bet.  

HIGH FIVE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I think initial production is always going to be difficult because the ground still has a lot of residual heat that the new snow has to overcome.

This is why I don't understand Blue's methodology, since they have the capacity to blow, why don't they at least try to get something down to help cool the ground and begin insulating that cold ground even if there's some rain in the forecast.

Many of the guns are automated, so even if the temp/dew point is marginal, the system will take care of making the decision.
All they need to do is fire up the pumps and compressors and the system will do the rest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I think initial production is always going to be difficult because the ground still has a lot of residual heat that the new snow has to overcome.

This is why I don't understand Blue's methodology, since they have the capacity to blow, why don't they at least try to get something down to help cool the ground and begin insulating that cold ground even if there's some rain in the forecast.

Many of the guns are automated, so even if the temp/dew point is marginal, the system will take care of making the decision.
All they need to do is fire up the pumps and compressors and the system will do the rest.

Let’s see what blue does midweek and especially this coming weekend.  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Looks like it was colder at the bottom than at the summit.