Zee Lights

skifreak

If there were any decent Thanksgiving songs I would listen to them but since there aren’t I’ll listen to Xmas music and I’ve had 106.1 on since it switched over to Xmas music the other day.  That’s really the only station I listen to.  People I know who work in retail say Xmas music is playing in the stores as well. I think Xmas music makes people spend more money which is a wonderful thing 

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

they are going through a format change so i think they are just playing christmas music to stall til they hire new everybody

Well it’s a nice bonus...I could listen to Xmas music all year long.  I even heard Feliz Navidad the other day.  Great song.  

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If there were any decent Thanksgiving songs I would listen to them but since there aren’t I’ll listen to Xmas music and I’ve had 106.1 on since it switched over to Xmas music the other day.  That’s really the only station I listen to.  People I know who work in retail say Xmas music is playing in the stores as well. I think Xmas music makes people spend more money which is a wonderful thing 

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant . . .

Plus the Mayflower episode of Schoolhouse Rock

• Haha 1

Because it’s a joke.  

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. If my only choice was a 200’ vertical lift served mountain, I’d ride it and be thrilled. Would you rather be on the snow or not? It just comes to the love of the sport vs logic. Logically, it’s probably not worth it, but to be able to ski/ride two weeks before everyone else? That’s an amazing option. Killington’s stairway may be a pita, but they just hit their 26th operating day. I’ll hike that any day for an extra month on the snow.

4 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. If my only choice was a 200’ vertical lift served mountain, I’d ride it and be thrilled. Would you rather be on the snow or not? It just comes to the love of the sport vs logic. Logically, it’s probably not worth it, but to be able to ski/ride two weeks before everyone else? That’s an amazing option. Killington’s stairway may be a pita, but they just hit their 26th operating day. I’ll hike that any day for an extra month on the snow.

I’ll take an extra day skiing in the spring over a day skiing killingtons stairway to heaven or big boulder freedom trail.  Last season I had something like 6-7 pow days at Blue, 5 pow days at Jackson hole and 4 pow days in Colorado..along with many many more great days...I have zero regrets not skiing a weekend earlier on freedom trail or driving 600+ miles round trip to Vermont for WROD..  Love of the sport lol..pah lease...I think I’ve put in enough days over the years that I can logically say that a 125 vertical foot bonk yard an hour away isn’t worth it for me...maybe if there wasn’t gonna be any other skiing all season but I’ve gone 7 months no skiing already what’s another couple weeks max until blue opens and I can get some real adrenaline vs Big boulder which I’ve sworn never again...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I’ll take an extra day skiing in the spring over a day skiing killingtons stairway to heaven or big boulder freedom trail.  Last season I had something like 6-7 pow days at Blue, 5 pow days at Jackson hole and 4 pow days in Colorado..along with many many more great days...I have zero regrets not skiing a weekend earlier on freedom trail or driving 600+ miles round trip to Vermont for WROD..  Love of the sport lol..pah lease...I think I’ve put in enough days over the years that I can logically say that a 125 vertical foot bonk yard an hour away isn’t worth it for me...maybe if there wasn’t gonna be any other skiing all season but I’ve gone 7 months no skiing already what’s another couple weeks max until blue opens and I can get some real adrenaline vs Big boulder which I’ve sworn never again...

Each to their own. I’m not judging. I can understand not wanting to drive 600 miles round trip to Killington to hike the stairway, but this is potentially 2 extra weeks of skiing basically in your backyard...

Side note: With your skiing style, I can see why BB wouldn’t be appealing...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2018 at 8:52 AM, JFskiDan said:

Can 12 hrs of snowmaking get wiped out by an inch of rain?  i dont know, but i would think they have to factor that in.  i really curious as to what Freedom looks like on Tuesday after the rain.  lets circle back to this tomorrow afternoon.  Maybe its just me, or an optical illusion, but not super impressed with 2 nights production.  I think they will need wednesdays temps to stay in the snow zone so they get a good 24 hrs or so on this.  

image.png.2730742496f2811ab8f9b42bec5fa4f2.png

seems like it held up a little better than i thought it might.  need temps to take nose dive now.  

image.png.5330d969e121ca14ca31db758b005434.png

seems like it held up a little better than i thought it might.  need temps to take nose dive now.  
image.png.5330d969e121ca14ca31db758b005434.png

Starting sometime this evening they will have a solid 24-36 hour window. I’d imagine it will be good to go after that. The mix of snow and rain shouldn’t Wed-Friday shouldn’t hurt anything. You’ll all be on snow this weekend if your name isn’t GSS...

6 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

What’s everyone think? Friday night opening at 3 PM, or wait until Saturday?

Heres what i have learned watching this unfold from years past.  They always do "boulder gives back", so for like 15 of the most dented, mutilated, and cheapest can goods, you can get a free lift ticket.  This tends to bring out every asshole with access to Moms pantry, and a lowered honda civic with one of those cool ass exhaust pipe things.  They will only spin Freedom lift when they do this.  My hope is that they do this Friday.  Skiing Friday night isnt on my radar at all.  Hopefully they can get snow down on some other trail as well.  this might be wishful thinking, but so be it.  If they do, they will open that the day after the can goods fiasco.  In years past, they have also promised the second trail for day 2, but opened it hours after opening.  Ask Guitar73.  

• Haha 1