Zee Lights

skifreak

20 minutes ago, EdBacon said:

I have this intense craving to wear zubaz now.

I felt the need to wear zubaz last week as well, so I did. Best thing I've ever bought on the internet. 

side note, Montage is doing a ton more business in the event realm now. Wine Fest, Beer fest, yoga things, the water park, etc. Plus the concert venue. I don't see it exploding in terms of a cash cow, but they are definitely paying the bills now. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IceEidolon said:

I hope you're right. Is that speculation or a trusted source?

Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

National weather service has a low tonight of 24 for Allentown and it’s not even 40 right now.  Right when it goes dark temperatures plummet and the snowmaking cannons will fire.  There is no trusted source concerning info for Blue mountain.  It’s all based on intuition.  

Toast i asked on Facebook for them to reposition the vista camara. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

National weather service has a low tonight of 24 for Allentown and it’s not even 40 right now.  Right when it goes dark temperatures plummet and the snowmaking cannons will fire.  There is no trusted source concerning info for Blue mountain.  It’s all based on intuition. 

It was 25, clear and very little humidity the other morning and they didn't have the guns going...

It's all based on speculation.

Edited by indiggio

7 minutes ago, indiggio said:

It was 25, clear and very little humidity the other morning and they didn't have the guns going...

It's all based on speculation.

It wasn’t supposed to be that day...I think there may have been an inversion that day. Some years Blue has trouble getting open due to inversions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IceEidolon said:

I just have to think if they were going to go for it early they'd have already fired something besides fans. Maybe I'm pessimistic.

It’s november 14th...yes you’re pessimistic. Are you gonna be at Blue opening day??

23 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

I'm sure gonna try! I need to start basing out of the valley more, pretend to be sociable.

Do you usually get to blue for openings on weekends???   I love the clusterfuck at opening.  Always funny seeing if they let us start on time or not. I miss the dude who always wears a Grateful Dead shirt. 

• Like 1

Nothing on at blue yet as I drove by. My car said 31 at the summit so they don't really have temps - 75% humidity makes that 29 wetbulb, which is really marginal.

GSS got them to move the Vista cam, so we can also confirm no snowmaking on the webcams...

33 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

Nothing on at blue yet as I drove by. My car said 31 at the summit so they don't really have temps - 75% humidity makes that 29 wetbulb, which is really marginal.

Humidity is 44% in Allentown now and 56% at mount pocono. I’m guessing the guns start firing around 7pm. Your 31 degree temperature confirms that blues temperature is about the average of allentown and mount pocono which are at 36 and 27 degrees respectively 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

It’s incredible how far behind Blue is compared to some of these mountains. Nothing you can do about your location, but they’ve got the firepower to catch up...

Blue was #1 early last year, which is one reason I bought a season pass there for this year. Please don't let me down True Blue!