Zee Lights

skifreak

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Stand in line??

I presume it will be a repeat of "gift card" day last year. I promise I wont complain (a lot) or ask for a gift card. If the line is 45 minutes again I'm bugging out. So I'll be sure to get there bright and early. Maybe they figured out how to load the lifts to full capacity this time!!!

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I presume it will be a repeat of "gift card" day last year. I promise I wont complain (a lot) or ask for a gift card. If the line is 45 minutes again I'm bugging out. So I'll be sure to get there bright and early. Maybe they figured out how to load the lifts to full capacity this time!!!

It will be. Get there for opening.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Was that two weeks after thanksgiving when blue had massive liftlines?  Let’s hope they blow snow to the Burma lifeline so they can load lifts more efficiently. It will always be impossible to fill all the chairs with their current setup. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

HAM?

Extravagant Xmas displays are almost as environmentally harmful as they are tacky. I have seen some tasteful ones, but gotta be under 1%.

That said, I realize lighting candles for 8 nights also produces some carbon.

It must be tough to get up everyday with that Vantablack like darkness in your soul. You could probably write some pretty awesome lets go kill ourselves kinda songs though.........

Blue still has some guns going, Valley next weekend I think, still shit is hot to be talking about the Valley on dec 5th, one year iirc we were 17th opening day with the baby lift only. Root you gotta be happy LAZY !

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It must be tough to get up everyday with that Vantablack like darkness in your soul. You could probably write some pretty awesome lets go kill ourselves kinda songs though.........

Blue still has some guns going, Valley next weekend I think, still shit is hot to be talking about the Valley on dec 5th, one year iirc we were 17th opening day with the baby lift only. Root you gotta be happy LAZY !

Root loves lazy...he gets so excited for lazy that I once saw him drooling. 

39 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Let’s hope they blow snow to the Burma lifeline so they can load lifts more efficiently. It will always be impossible to fill all the chairs with their current setup. 

I was looking for that too, but it's impossible to tell if they blew anything over that way now.

I've not seen them blowing on Main Street at all and it looks like the grooming stops at the Main Street chair.
Guess they're using all the power for other parts of the mountain.

They've still got time to blow yet this week.
I think we'll see the 6 this weekend.  Guess snot.

Edited by indiggio

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Oh yeah, how did that go Sunday?

I felt like a rockstar cruising on Easy Out and Vista. Almost like I actually had a clue as to what I was doing. Wound up doing some quick back thinking in my head and realized it was only the 3rd time I had ever put skis on. Did that for 4 quick runs and got bored so I made the tremendous mistake of heading down Midway to Lower Main Street. Midway wasn't terrible, but also wasn't great. I tended to get freaked out when I picked up too much speed so I made exceptionally slow and deliberate turns using the whole trail. When I got down to Main Street and the snow turned into the equivalent of white caps I just had to hold on for the ride, which was again exceptionally slow. I took a lot of breaks, tipped over twice, realized I don't really know how to stand up on a pitch wearing skis, and worked up a sweat just trying to keep myself from shooting off the side of the trail. 

Long story short, if I'm going relatively slowly on flat snow, I can almost kind of seem like I know what I'm doing. When it gets choppy/sloppy it all falls apart. I had to actively tell myself (I think out loud twice) to get out of the back seat and my ability to use more than one ski at a time for turning is almost non existent. 

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I was looking for that too, but it's impossible to tell if they blew anything over that way now.

I've not seen them blowing on Main Street at all and it looks like the grooming stops at the Main Street chair.
Guess they're using all the power for other parts of the mountain.

They've still got time to blow yet this week.
I think we'll see the 6 this weekend.

Blue said on Instagram that they aren't opening the 6 this weekend. I posted this pic on the last page. The pic either didn't work or it got lost in typical b*llshit posts.

2 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Blue said on Instagram that they aren't opening the 6 this weekend. I posted this pic on the last page. The pic either didn't work or it got lost in typical b*llshit posts.

Yeah, went back to previous page and saw it.  Edited post.
Never know with Blue though.  They didn't say anything about lower Main on first day and they opened it.
However, they may not want to staff valley lodge quite yet.

Edited by indiggio

Just now, indiggio said:

Yeah, went back to previous page and saw it.  Edited post.
Never know with Blue though.  They didn't say anything about lower Main on first day and they opened it.

True true. Also, id imagine the person who runs their social media isn't exactly "in the loop" with the snowmaking progress.

• Like 1

WTF Salty. Snows being made and you're being a negative Nelly. SMH
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

I felt like a rockstar cruising on Easy Out and Vista. Almost like I actually had a clue as to what I was doing. Wound up doing some quick back thinking in my head and realized it was only the 3rd time I had ever put skis on. Did that for 4 quick runs and got bored so I made the tremendous mistake of heading down Midway to Lower Main Street. Midway wasn't terrible, but also wasn't great. I tended to get freaked out when I picked up too much speed so I made exceptionally slow and deliberate turns using the whole trail. When I got down to Main Street and the snow turned into the equivalent of white caps I just had to hold on for the ride, which was again exceptionally slow. I took a lot of breaks, tipped over twice, realized I don't really know how to stand up on a pitch wearing skis, and worked up a sweat just trying to keep myself from shooting off the side of the trail. 

Long story short, if I'm going relatively slowly on flat snow, I can almost kind of seem like I know what I'm doing. When it gets choppy/sloppy it all falls apart. I had to actively tell myself (I think out loud twice) to get out of the back seat and my ability to use more than one ski at a time for turning is almost non existent. 

since you can at least stay upright more than not, i think getting off those snowblades would be a wise move.  I still have that other pair of skis in my truck, so if you want to give them a whirl have at 'em.  

19 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

since you can at least stay upright more than not, i think getting off those snowblades would be a wise move.  I still have that other pair of skis in my truck, so if you want to give them a whirl have at 'em.  

I kind of figured the snowblades would be better in the beginning? More forgiving and such? Or no? I still don't know anything so I'm going to let you be my ski guru at this point. 

24 minutes ago, indiggio said:

However, they may not want to staff valley lodge quite yet.

i never actually gave this any thought, but thats a valid point.  You are correct though, Blues MO is to underpromise and over deliver.  Be sweet to be in the lower lot, but at least the light at the end of the tunnel (next weekend, probably) is visible.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

What was gift card day?