Zee Lights

skifreak

12 minutes ago, zzslope said:

I was looking at ogden, the prices were reasonable, and the reviews indicated it was small townish. Some reviews made it seem as though the reasonable prices attracted a bit of a bad element, but some reviewers seemed to love it there. 

Yes. Ogden is a fantastic town. Absolutely beautiful in that area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

During inversions it’s like being in China. Indiggio loves the little cotton resorts and he gave it a nope

Yeah, been looking for places after son graduates and I love Utah, but the air quality in Salt Lake area gets to unhealthy levels during inversions that can last for weeks.
Salt Lake City is a valley surrounded by mountains and when the winds die down and cold air sets in, the smog just lingers over the city.
Friends that used to live out there moved out because of it.   I hear it's really bad for those with respiratory problems.

Spectacular place to visit, but I wouldn't live there.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, been looking for places after son graduates and I love Utah, but the air quality in Salt Lake area gets to unhealthy levels during inversions that can last for weeks.
Salt Lake City is a valley surrounded by mountains and when the winds die down and cold air sets in, the smog just lingers over the city.
Friends that used to live out there moved out because of it.   I hear it's really bad for those with respiratory problems.

Plenty of places in "SLC" proper that are not in the typical smog and still a 30-45 minute drive to LCC, BCC, PC or Basin/Powmow.

Or just man up and buy above the smog, in the little town of Alta or something up by Brighton. Mill Creek is also an option.... 

Edited by GSSucks
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Plenty of places in "SLC" proper that are not in the typical smog and still a 30-45 minute drive to LCC, BCC, PC or Basin/Powmow.

Or just man up and buy above the smog, in the little town of Alta or something up by Brighton. Mill Creek is also an option.... 

Would absolutely love to live in Alta.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's supposedly getting bad. In Jackson hole last year I remember the local news did a story on the influx in Utah. Utah is still on my list landing spots at some point in the future.

I read that they're taking steps to improve the air quality (moving buses to natural gas/electric), but I think they've got a pretty long road to hoe.

13 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

It's supposedly getting bad. In Jackson hole last year I remember the local news did a story on the influx in Utah. Utah is still on my list landing spots at some point in the future.

That is a bummer about the air quality in Utah. I have been trying to find a reasonably priced place to retire close to great skiing. I have a 1 1/2 hour drive to blue now so 45 minutes and under would be wonderful, the SLC (Ogden) area seemed perfect. 

3 minutes ago, zzslope said:

That is a bummer about the air quality in Utah. I have been trying to find a reasonably priced place to retire close to great skiing. I have a 1 1/2 hour drive to blue now so 45 minutes and under would be wonderful, the SLC (Ogden) area seemed perfect. 

Palmerton. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Palmerton. 

Been looking there too. There are a lot of places for sale in carbon county. A few years ago I almost bought a mobile home in the park you can see from the top of Blue Mt.

Edited by zzslope
added info
  • Like 1

Been looking there too. There are a lot of places for sale in carbon county. A few years ago I almost bought a mobile home in the park you can see from the top of Blue Mt.

Call me crazy but I like P Town. They have a nice park in the middle of town, is at the base of a mountain, a few decent restaurants, close to the LV, close to skiing, hiking and last but definitely not least....Claude's Creamery
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Call me crazy but I like P Town. They have a nice park in the middle of town, is at the base of a mountain, a few decent restaurants, close to the LV, close to skiing, hiking and last but definitely not least....Claude's Creamery

Palmerton is awesome. Much better as an adult as it was to me as a kid. There are some really good restaurants and bars, Claude’s is great, the parks are great, Blue is close, the AT and Lehigh Gap are close, relatively cheap to live. 

• Like 1