Zee Lights

skifreak

59 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Would cool IMO. Their Epic local passes aren't a bad deal. Plus perks at their other resorts. Blue would get classed up. No more tent city lower lodge. Maybe they figure out grooming. IDK. Could be alright.

Not that i think this will happen, most of this is a conversation Jlaw and i had........but.....

no more parking lot shenanigans...or we would probably be banished to some muddy shithole way in the back lot.  

Classing up the lodge and parking lot will take money they will need.  Its unlikely they will just swoop in with their big bag of cash and just start throwing money at the place.

The lifts need to be classed up way before the lower lodge, and i still dont get why any of us care about the lower lodge.  The top lodge is cool, been there once when we had lunch last year on a pow day.  

I have said it before, Blue is kinda fucked up sometimes, but it is our kind of fucked up.  

If you are really on board with Vail buying the place, make sure you are on board with paying more for skiing there, whether its an Epic pass or just a Blue pass, no complaining from you guys.  

Personally, i would gladly pay more for my pass, if it cut down on crowds.  But i dont think im on the Vail boat thus far.  

• Like 4

I'm curious as to what makes Blue worth Vail's time/money. They would have to be buying it almost to flip it because the amount of money they would need to put in to make it "Vail quality" would be tremendous. Wouldn't they be more interested in buying Bear Creek, classing it up just a tad more and slapping their logo on it? I didn't think Vail was in the rehab business. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm curious as to what makes Blue worth Vail's time/money. They would have to be buying it almost to flip it because the amount of money they would need to put in to make it "Vail quality" would be tremendous. Wouldn't they be more interested in buying Bear Creek, classing it up just a tad more and slapping their logo on it? I didn't think Vail was in the rehab business. 

Vail bought a few smaller ski areas in the midwest a few years ago. They would buy Blue for the same reason; to get people to buy the Epic Pass then travel to their destination resorts out west and rent hotels and condos, buy lessons, buy meals etc. They buy feeder hills and then raise the day ticket prices to entice people to buy the Epic Pass. If they did buy Blue a day ticket would likely be in the $90.00 range.

Edited by trackbiker
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Schif said:

Vail likes to buy smaller regional resorts because they use them as feeder hills to get people to visit their flagship resorts.  Vail owns Afton Alps in Minnesota, Afton Alps Michigan, Wilmot Wisconsin and even Okemo.  Blue is also within 100 miles from the wealthiest area in the country..namely the state of New Jersey, NYC and the philly suburbs.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Vail bought a few smaller ski areas in the midwest a few years ago. They would buy Blue for the same reason; to get people to buy the Epic Pass then travel to their destination resorts out west and rent hotels and condos, buy lessons, buy meals etc. They buy feeder hills and then raise the day ticket prices to entice people to buy the Epic Pass. If they did buy Blue a day ticket would likely be in the $90.00 range.

$90 sounds good to me and most of the day ticket folks can afford that seeing all the $100,000 SUVs

I know it shouldn't matter and doesn't in the grand scheme of things since I'm rarely in the lodge, but I think the place needs a bit of a facelift. IMO Bear Creek and Camelback have no business having nicer facilities since they're shittier mountains. It's stupid I know but something that irks me for whatever dumb reason. Ambiance and all that is kinda cool. That said, I would no doubt prioritize snowmaking, grooming and lifts before any of that stuff.

Just now, RootDKJ said:

I heard that the people from Vail were only consultants to recommend  improving lift lines, on mountain traffic flow, park stuff, etc...

The new queue at the Quad for example...

Thanks Root I was getting tired of all the speculation at least you bring solid anecdotal evidence to the table.  The new queue set up is MSY. Mad steezy yo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I know it shouldn't matter and doesn't in the grand scheme of things since I'm rarely in the lodge, but I think the place needs a bit of a facelift. IMO Bear Creek and Camelback have no business having nicer facilities since they're shittier mountains. It's stupid I know but something that irks me for whatever dumb reason. Ambiance and all that is kinda cool. That said, I would no doubt prioritize snowmaking, grooming and lifts before any of that stuff.

We don't need no stinkin' ambiance in the valley.
If you want ambiance, take it to the summit lodge!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Would be nice to see a high speed lift replace the Burma and Main Street chairs..about time for the quad to be replaced as well.  

• Like 2