Zee Lights

skifreak

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'd like to be able to buy a pass I can use in Eastern PA, VT and CO. Wouldnt most of you?

Cant see any issues with Vail ownership that would outweigh that. 

If that being a more expensive pass made Blue less crowded - bonus.

That would be awesome...when I go to Colorado I’m going to have to buy lift tickets..the same if I went to Vermont plus I need to buy a season pass at blue. 

Thats money I could spend at the Vail Pocono Experience FunPark bar..they might even have Fat Tire beer and Coors to promote the Colorado Vibe next to the timeshare booth.   That would all happen in a perfect World.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I'd like to be able to buy a pass I can use in Eastern PA, VT and CO. Wouldnt most of you?

Cant see any issues with Vail ownership that would outweigh that. 

If that being a more expensive pass made Blue less crowded - bonus.

You should hold off buying your peak pass in case Vail buys Blue. 

My plan is to buy the Peak Pass the day we first want to go to a Peak Mt this spring (which could be this weekend - girls are pushing for a change of pace). Then if the Vail / Blue purchase comes through, I will buy that in March next year and go out to CO in the Spring.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Law said:

How someone gets to your age with such little understanding is beyond me. Life is not about maximizing roi, money itself is nothing more than a tool, a group delusion we all participate in. Its certainly your right to take such an accountants view of buying a pass but ultimatley its something you can't understand and what makes you a shitty skier.

Skiing is not about edge angles and turn radius, those things are actually simple. Skiing isnt from the mind but from the soul. You can think all day about laying arcs and nothing happens, it's a doing and like Zen Buddhism says doing and thinking aren't the same thing. To you the lot is a place to get some free meat but for us it's the equivalent of the town square. A place where like minded individuals although different in many ways can come together to have a good time. Other people that ski blue 3 times a week and can talk for five minutes about lower main st. Community, our tribe, now that is pretty rare in this world, infinitely rarer than a thousand bucks

So no slightly cheaper access to mtns I already have access to is not worth that community but based on the way you ski that's not something you'll be able to understand. Its passionless, ski by numbers.

It is a fucking town square. Fucking JLaw. Fucking tribal philosopher. 

• Like 1

Dont believe we have ever skied together actually. I view it as dancing more than anything else.

I engage in lots of community activities, but ski lots are not so much where I do that. I'm putting on a show with 21 musicians and singers this week that I have spent a lot of time rehearsing with, and I do events like this regularly.  That is my kind of community event and is more meaningful to me than hanging around in parking lots. Always have beers, waters, snacks and pizza for the folks who come rehearse too. 

I've dropped by your lot scene a few times to be social with folks I chat with on line, but what going to a ski mountain is about for me is skiing, and then I go home to my community. 

If the Blue lot is a meaningful community for you, I am glad you have that. It is really hard to imagine how a change in ownership or policies would effect a strong community that much. If they made you guys move into the lodge and hang out while eating and drinking there, would that really alter the human interaction you value so much?

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Dont believe we have ever skied together actually. I view it as dancing more than anything else.

I engage in lots of community activities, but ski lots are not so much where I do that. I'm putting on a show with 21 musicians and singers this week that I have spent a lot of time rehearsing with, and I do events like this regularly.  That is my kind of community event and is more meaningful to me than hanging around in parking lots. Always have beers, waters, snacks and pizza for the folks who come rehearse too. 

I've dropped by your lot scene a few times to be social with folks I chat with on line, but what going to a ski mountain is about for me is skiing, and then I go home to my community. 

If the Blue lot is a meaningful community for you, I am glad you have that. It is really hard to imagine how a change in ownership or policies would effect a strong community that much. If they made you guys move into the lodge and hang out while eating and drinking there, would that really alter the human interaction you value so much?

We mainly meet up to ski for 8am on weekends and night skiing and start at lower lot.  You’ve been skiing longer than most of us have been alive so I’m sure we’d have a tough time keeping up.  

I'm sure many of you are better skiers than I and am certain many of you have skied more than I. I'm not the best skier on the mountain, and really have never had any lessons to speak of, but I dont appreciate the gratuitous uninformed insults.   

I ski about everything there is to ski everywhere I go. The last thing I do while skiing is think about turn radius or edge angle. I ski down the mountain in the way that gives me the most pleasure to do so. If I am on my own I am listening to music and feel like I am dancing down the mountain to it. If I am with my kids my focus is on making sure they are doing well, that I am positioned to help them if they should need it, and giving them tips where it seems appropriate.

• Like 1

IDK. I'm not sure anyone is judging ones style or ability; moreso the morphing of skiing into a cost / benefit analysis ad nauseum. It's obviously ok to to discuss and share deals; but when skiing is constantly talked about as if it were some sort of IRS publication thread after thread, people (especially die hards on a ski forum) are gonna be put off.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

IDK. I'm not sure anyone is judging ones style or ability; moreso the morphing of skiing into a cost / benefit analysis ad nauseum. It's obviously ok to to discuss and share deals; but when skiing is constantly talked about as if it were some sort of IRS publication thread after thread, people (especially die hards on a ski forum) are gonna be put off.

Certainly not the case at AlpineZone where there are multiple threads devoted to comparing different pass deals and a sticky thread at the top of the forum devoted to pointing our ski deals. 

And my threads on the merits of different pass deals have gotten a good amount of action here.

I realize it may not be interesting to folks of the mindset "I live 20 miles from Blue and have friends that like to drink and grill in the lot so I am buying a pass there whatever they charge unless they stop letting me grill in the lot in which case I will complain a bunch then buy another Blue pass and buy my food and beers in the lodge because I don't think like an accountant and don't mind blowing an extra $50 on beers every time I ski"

But you can always not click those threads, or scroll by when it comes up other places where it is relevant, like when folks discuss the possibility of Blue joining Epic.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Certainly not the case at AlpineZone where there are multiple threads devoted to comparing different pass deals and a sticky thread at the top of the forum devoted to pointing our ski deals. 

And my threads on the merits of different pass deals have gotten a good amount of action here.

I realize it may not be interesting to folks of the mindset "I love 20 miles from Blue and have friends that like to drink and grill in the lot so I am buying a pass there whatever they charge unless they stop letting me grill in the lot in which case I will complain a bunch then buy another Blue pass and buy my food and beers in the lot because I don't think like an accountant and don't mind blowing an extra $50 on beers every time I ski"

Shut the fuck up...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I realize it may not be interesting to folks of the mindset "I live 20 miles from Blue and have friends that like to drink and grill in the lot so I am buying a pass there whatever they charge unless they stop letting me grill in the lot in which case I will complain a bunch then buy another Blue pass and buy my food and beers in the lodge because I don't think like an accountant and don't mind blowing an extra $50 on beers every time I ski"

But you can always not click those threads, or scroll by when it comes up other places where it is relevant, like when folks discuss the possibility of Blue joining Epic.

You drunk?