Zee Lights

skifreak

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

thats cause they are planning on being open til sunday april 14th

I'm not so confident. E.g. I've asked today if I can carry over my buddy pass over to the next year, and they said that nope, 03/31/19 is the last day when it can be used.

21 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm not so confident. E.g. I've asked today if I can carry over my buddy pass over to the next year, and they said that nope, 03/31/19 is the last day when it can be used.

3/31 is the last day for 18/19 buddy passes because they want everyone else from the closed mountains to pay for a ticket until they close on 4/14.

Edited by RootDKJ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

Does anyone know the course? I mean they can have a race on the bike trails etc and still be open to ski 

No reason they can't run across the snow, which is what the plans are from what I've heard. Just close the trails that are impacted during the 60 minutes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

3/31 is the last day for 18/19 buddy passes because they want everyone else from the closed mountains to pay for a ticket until they close on 4/14.

From the closed mountains? JFBB sells tickets until 04/13. CB's projected closing day is 04/08.

EDIT: Well, actually, BM's projected closing day is also 04/08 according to onthesnow.com

Edited by eaf

Had to go to the lift ticket line and deal with a supervisor on Sat because there was an issue with my daughters season passes so they put comp days on them instead, and they asked how many we would need given that Blue closing day would be 3/31/19.

So I take that as pretty definitive closing date.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Had to go to the lift ticket line and deal with a supervisor on Sat because there was an issue with my daughters season passes so they put comp days on them instead, and they asked how many we would need given that Blue closing day would be 3/31/19.

So I take that as pretty definitive closing date.

I thought you were going to Jack Frost Saturday?  What was the season pass issue?

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought you were going to Jack Frost Saturday?  What was the season pass issue?

Apparently for some reason the $99 6th grade passes stopped working after 365 days due to some glitsch they could not solve, so they offered as many comp passes as we need. I said fine figuring VIP line no longer an issue this late in season.

We were alread getting a late start Sat, knowing lines not an issue this late in season. Then 30 min into trip my daughter said "Dad, where are your skis?"

Set back another hour we did not want to deal with Frost both being further and closing at 4, so back to Blue instead. 

16 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Apparently for some reason the $99 6th grade passes stopped working after 365 days due to some glitsch they could not solve, so they offered as many comp passes as we need. I said fine figuring VIP line no longer an issue this late in season.

We were alread getting a late start Sat, knowing lines not an issue this late in season. Then 30 min into trip my daughter said "Dad, where are your skis?"

Set back another hour we did not want to deal with Frost both being further and closing at 4, so back to Blue instead. 

Wow whatever weed you were smoking that morning must have been good. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

lol at a ski mountain prioritizing a foot race over actual skiing...sounds like something camelback would do

They need to make themselves look as profitable as possible for Vail.  We all know turning the lifts in April will end up costing them money.