Zee Lights

skifreak

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Guns are back on at Blue..gonna be some great snowmaking conditions the next few days.  A part of me thinks they should get lazy mile open but the other side thinks they should focus on building a deep base on the core trails in case we have a few warm spells...

Right now the forecast is looking pretty bleak for next week, lots of days in the 50's with lows in the mid-30's and some rain possible. Hopefully they can at least get a night or two of wet bulb temps to refresh during the week. If not I feel like there is a good chance of them not opening again until black friday.

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Right now the forecast is looking pretty bleak for next week, lots of days in the 50's with lows in the mid-30's and some rain possible. Hopefully they can at least get a night or two of wet bulb temps to refresh during the week. If not I feel like there is a good chance of them not opening again until black friday.

You know what.  That’s not that bleek..with the base they get down the next few days they’ll be able to get through a couple weeks of that kind of weather.  Remember daylight hours and sun angle are super low this time of year. What forecast are you looking at for next week?  Temperature for blue is typically halfway between Allentown and mount pocono. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You know what.  That’s not that bleek..with the base they get down the next few days they’ll be able to get through a couple weeks of that kind of weather.  Remember daylight hours and sun angle are super low this time of year. What forecast are you looking at for next week?  Temperature for blue is typically halfway between Allentown and mount pocono. 

I was looking at Palmerton

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Justin how low has it been since you were at Blue?  10-11 years?

Jeez,  I was probably last there to ski in like 2013 or 2014, I can't remember. Easily clocked 20+ days this past summer in the bike park though. I've only been out skiing maybe 10 or so days since I moved back from VT in 2012. Most of those were out west with dbamf, with a few Blue and Boulder days sprinkled in. I'm hoping to hit 20 days this year. 

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Jeez,  I was probably last there to ski in like 2013 or 2014, I can't remember. Easily clocked 20+ days this past summer in the bike park though. I've only been out skiing maybe 10 or so days since I moved back from VT in 2012. Most of those were out west with dbamf, with a few Blue and Boulder days sprinkled in. I'm hoping to hit 20 days this year. 

Once a week with such an early start is 20 days...easy peezy and your wife will like having the house to herself while you’re out skiing.   

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Once a week with such an early start is 20 days...easy peezy and your wife will like having the house to herself while you’re out skiing.   

Yep, that's my thinking. Every Saturday dawn patrol is my goal for the season, with an odd sunday sprinkled in here and there. It's tough going back to back with an 1:49 drive. Hoping to squeak in some "work from home" days from the lodge every now and then, too. I discovered that trick during bike park season on when they would open on fridays.

Edited by Justin

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe Xnick and Librider will come back this season...skidude..racerchick..zonked and Papasteeze as well.  This is great. 

I actually asked dennis if he wanted to come up with me on saturday but I didn't hear back, I think he's on vacation. I will 100% drag him up one day this year. xNick11 has been MIA, we can't find him or get a hold of him actually. I sent him a message on linkedin not too long ago lol

12 minutes ago, Schif said:

That base is going to be deeeeeeeeeeeep

6-8 feet deep for opening unless they expand to lazy mile. Believe that...they haven’t had this long of a cold stretch this early in a long time. Teens tonight 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2