Zee Lights

skifreak

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They always go to full price when lazy opens. 

It seems like they continue to raise the price every year and still be crowded A.F. every weekend. That's good business. I wouldn't be skiing much if not for the season pass.

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

No way is it worth 70$ that's like half of Alta or 1/3 of Vail lol 

They will probably be packed though so the market is there. Imagine like even a family of 4, renting and eating, that's 400$ to ski marbles on three trails lol

First run was 529 for me so I dont care but it does make me laugh

I was telling bar owner friend  that Blue mountain takes in like $1 million on their biggest days.  He didn’t believe it and I said they get like 12,000 people and if 10,000 of them spend an average of $100 each that’s a million.  Shit with rentals, lessons and food $100 is on the low side for many. 

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It seems like they continue to raise the price every year and still be crowded A.F. every weekend. That's good business. I wouldn't be skiing much if not for the season pass.

Yeah a season pass is the only way to ski a lot or be one of Ski2Lives twins which comes with a few perks like a $5 allowance and 1/2 a cocoa. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah a season pass is the only way to ski a lot or be one of Ski2Lives twins which comes with a few perks like a $5 allowance and 1/2 a cocoa. 

A day at blue (or anywhere in the poconos at the same price point) would cost me $100+ in just a lift ticket and gas. 

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

A day at blue (or anywhere in the poconos at the same price point) would cost me $100+ in just a lift ticket and gas. 

That’s why it only makes sense to have a season pass. An average day at Blue costs me about $15.  $10 in beer and $5 for McDonald’s breakfast on the way up.  Company pays for my gas...

51 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

I’m coming from 80 miles away and it don’t cost me $30 in gas. What you driving? A hummer or 75’ Impala?

F-150. Round trip would cost me roughly $37. 204 miles round trip, 18mpg apprx, $2.91 a gallon 

8 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

I disagree, I like being higher up on the highway and they get similar gas mileage to most full size SUVs. Plus throwing boards and skis in the bed is quick and easy.

Still amazes me that people can’t see a fucking pickup truck in the lane next to them and still just come right on over. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, saltyant said:

The $70 daily lift pass once lazy mile opens makes a season pass a no brainer. I’m happy to give Blue that season pass $$$ ahead of time it’s good for their cashflow. 

Salty tomorrow looks like a good day to ski are you gonna beat us to lazy mile by taking Vista first..asking for a friend @Metz the Jersey boy

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, IceEidolon said:

Tuts looks ready to rumble, but Home Stretch was bare. I doubt we see the valley before this next weekend - and if they lose depth/coverage in the 2” rain and have to go back ... 

its not bare, but i thought it looked way better this morning than it does now.  i must have had my snow googles on.

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty tomorrow looks like a good day to ski are you gonna beat us to lazy mile by taking Vista first..asking for a friend @Metz the Jersey boy

I will absolutely beat all you guys including @AtomicSkier down Lazy Mile, and look good doing so while holding both my ski poles in one hand.

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s what I like to hear!!!

The game plan is to blast "Best Around" from my bluetooth speaker whilst passing Atomic halfway down Lazy Mile, and then maybe Ski2Live's Christmas song on the last run (aka 3rd time down). It will truly be sick.

• Like 1