Zee Lights

skifreak

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What is a Root Friday? Isn't it called Black Friday?

So if someone buys a ticket today and there's no snow/cold weather, they lose their money and don't get to ski?

I used Liftopia and this appears to be the same type of deal, except this is way, way too far out to be gambling on the weather.

Well if you don’t have a season pass then you’re going to have to take some gambles this season.  Zonked can have my buddy pass. 

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What is a Root Friday? Isn't it called Black Friday?

So if someone buys a ticket today and there's no snow/cold weather, they lose their money and don't get to ski?

I used Liftopia and this appears to be the same type of deal, except this is way, way too far out to be gambling on the weather.

They have to offer a refund if not open at all. If they refuse - call your credit card and report fraud and they will get you your refund.

But if open with only Vista with bare spots you are out of luck

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

They have to offer a refund if not open at all. If they refuse - call your credit card and report fraud and they will get you your refund.

But if open with only Vista with bare spots you are out of luck

Thanks. I tried finding the fine print just for fun but their Buy Now buttons don't work on my 'puter. 

The format looks the same as Liftopia which has the absolute nonrefundable policy. So I'm wondering if this is the same?

Doesnt matter if it's sunny and 70, frozen over in ice, tornado, power outage, bigfoot invasion - no refunds ever with Liftopia. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I tried finding the fine print just for fun but their Buy Now buttons don't work on my 'puter. 

The format looks the same as Liftopia which has the absolute nonrefundable policy. So I'm wondering if this is the same?

Doesnt matter if it's sunny and 70, frozen over in ice, tornado, power outage, bigfoot invasion - no refunds ever with Liftopia. 

Wow just wow and I think Liptopia is out of business.  

Seriously? If a resort is completely closed on a day you bought a ticket for they provide no refund? Did this happen to you? And if so did you try to get refund through your credit card provider. 

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Seriously? If a resort is completely closed on a day you bought a ticket for they provide no refund? Did this happen to you? And if so did you try to get refund through your credit card provider. 

Sounds like speculation to me.  Otherwise I smell class action lawsuit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Liftopia manages the ticket page for a lot ski area web sites. Or at least they used to before they stopped paying the ski areas last spring.

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I found this on Google regarding Liftopia: "all purchases on Liftopia are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed or transferred. While we know this is rigid, the purchase restrictions are what allow us to sell lift tickets at a low price".

I haven't seen any exception for when a resort closes. I've had good luck with it and used it in the past. I dont think I bought a pass I didnt use, but if I did it was probably $20 or something.

I'd imagine the credit card company would side with Liftopia since you're agreeing to their policy when you buy the tickets.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

I disagree that the credit card company would side with Liftopia based on a statement that it can't be refunded in the case where the service that you paid for was not provided.  No refunds would be reasonably interpreted as you can't get a refund because you decided you couldn't or didn't want to go skiing that day. Not that you can't get your money back because the business refused to provide what you paid them to provide. 

It would be reasonable for them not to offer a cash refund but only to offer a credit against a future purchase, but they have to provide something in such a situation.

McDonald's may have a no refund policy on their burgers. But if you pay your cash at window one and then get to window two and they say "sorry we are all out of burgers" then a "no refund" policy does not justify them sending you away empty handed without burger, cash or credit.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

^^bitches about having to make a reservation to ski, but buys tickets from liftopia. 

got it. 

Liftopia is optional to save money if it works for me that day. It's not by any means restrictive like this new reservation crap.

E.g. if Liftopia is sold out, I can still ski by paying full price. Now, if {insert resort name} is sold out, I'm not skiing there period.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I disagree that the credit card company would side with Liftopia based on a statement that it can't be refunded in the case where the service that you paid for was not provided.  No refunds would be reasonably interpreted as you can't get a refund because you decided you couldn't or didn't want to go skiing that day. Not that you can't get your money back because the business refused to provide what you paid them to provide. 

It would be reasonable for them not to offer a cash refund but only to offer a credit against a future purchase, but they have to provide something in such a situation.

McDonald's may have a no refund policy on their burgers. But if you pay your cash at window one and then get to window two and they say "sorry we are all out of burgers" then a "no refund" policy does not justify them sending you away empty handed without burger, cash or credit.

Reminds me of this bumper sticker. 

E14041F1-023C-47C2-97FB-A04BC8FF2A32.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Liftopia is optional to save money if it works for me that day. It's not by any means restrictive like this new reservation crap.

E.g. if Liftopia is sold out, I can still ski by paying full price. Now, if {insert resort name} is sold out, I'm not skiing there period.

Wow just wow restrictive..wow..

ECD61525-749F-42BC-8B3C-3E6FCE1905BC.png

• Confused 3

Is the perpetual sugar situation on Burma due to the guns that were there or the nature of the trail traffic? Is this addition of guns supposed to help the snow there? Seems like a waste and they would be better used on a different trail. 

7 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

Nobody mentioned Blue posted these pictures? They say they're for Burma, 49 new guns.68b6b48117cd79ca03f164f446c2efb4.jpg9f372415d26ad50169513fe68463d192.jpg

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

This was discussed before. Most of us don’t care about Burma.  The guns belong on the new trail..Coming Soon...aka Barbs Bush. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Out of curiosity I hopped on google maps, traced out Burma and then did some quick back of the napkin math. If you include that little spur they put a park on, this addition would amount to a brand new snow gun every 92 feet along Burma Road. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

Out of curiosity I hopped on google maps, traced out Burma and then did some quick back of the napkin math. If you include that little spur they put a park on, this addition would amount to a brand new snow gun every 92 feet along Burma Road. 

Blue used to list trail lengths in their brochure and Burma was listed at 4500 feet long so very close. 

If they were automating Yeti, I think there's have been 'automating/upgrading TWO TRAILS' on their social media.

These look like new energy efficient guns, so hopefully Blue can put the serious firepower somewhere else and just let Burma run like Valley School does.

If this was discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it, sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceEidolon said:

If they were automating Yeti, I think there's have been 'automating/upgrading TWO TRAILS' on their social media.

These look like new energy efficient guns, so hopefully Blue can put the serious firepower somewhere else and just let Burma run like Valley School does.

If this was discussed elsewhere, I didn't see it, sorry.

We did argue briefly about this in another thread, but we can argue about it some more.  Looks like a pretty slow day here.  

• Like 1

If they're swapping out 49 guns from the old style to the high efficiency kind, that's about enough firepower to start up Dreamweaver or nearly Razors. I know that most of us don't spend a ton of time on Burma, but getting a trail ahead seems pretty good.

17 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

If they're swapping out 49 guns from the old style to the high efficiency kind, that's about enough firepower to start up Dreamweaver or nearly Razors. I know that most of us don't spend a ton of time on Burma, but getting a trail ahead seems pretty good.

Does Blue have enough water for all that?