Zee Lights

skifreak

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sadly Blue just spent tens of thousands of dollars blowing snow for 36 hours straight for us to watch it melt on the webcam.  Tough freaking business to be in. 

Well they knew it's going to be near 60 degrees tomorrow so that's how dedicated they must be to get a head start.

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well they knew it's going to be near 60 degrees tomorrow so that's how dedicated they must be to get a head start.

For sure and north facing and short daylight hours.  Just think cold..if temperatures can trend down a few degrees next week, there could be other snowmaking opportunities. Would be freaking nice to ski in a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

I hope that's not the case. If it is someone messed up. Gotta make the call when the time is right.

Nobody messed up. Early season snow making is high risk - high reward. You gotta go for it when you can. 

If BB wouldn't have been Vailed, we'd be skiing there this weekend. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I hope that's not the case. If it is someone messed up. Gotta make the call when the time is right.

Forecasts change. There’ve been times the extended forecast looked like crap early season and we were skiing in a few weeks.  I joked with Jim Daly last year that they should put a tarp over the snow they blow early season to help protect it...not grooming out the snow helps as well..less surface area. 

I figure it was the possibility of three day ticket sales and a hot cocoa that got them to do it. They don't care about you pass holders - especially the ones that tailgate - they got your $.

Willing to up the ante and buy separate cocoa for each daughter if they open tomorrow. 6 pack should be nice and spacious riding up in a group of 3.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I figure it was the possibility of three day ticket sales and a hot cocoa that got them to do it. They don't care about you pass holders - especially the ones that tailgate - they got your $.

Willing to up the ante and buy separate cocoa for each daughter if they open tomorrow. 6 pack should be nice and spacious riding up in a group of 3.

Blue does care about us.  They have a season passholders party, reasonable priced season passes and listen to our input.  Blue cares about all their customers. Especially season passholders. 

I bet the majority of us spend money at slopeside, the lower lot cafeteria, in the ski shop and some even do lessons for kids or race lessons. We also are opinion leaders amoung our more casual skiing friends and family who come to Blue and buy tickets, food and rentals.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

I bet the majority of us spend money at slopeside, the lower lot cafeteria, in the ski shop and some even do lessons for kids or race lessons. We also are opinion leaders amoung our more casual skiing friends and family who come to Blue and buy tickets, food and rentals.  

I once was hanging w/ bumper friend who we affectionately nicknamed ‘Tito’ after the potato drink at the fancy bar up top. Must have dropped $150 on said potato drinks. Rough morning at blue the true the next day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Fortunately I am a mile closer to upper lot

20201120_153622.jpg

20201120_153605.jpg

Thanks for posting for those who don’t have access to blues website.  Vista will be green grass in a few days. Lower main should partially last.  Let’s hope the week after thanksgiving is cold. Otherwise will be second weekend in December at the earliest. 

Blue does care about us.  They have a season passholders party, reasonable priced season passes and listen to our input.  Blue cares about all their customers. Especially season passholders. 

Don't feed the troll. We're doing the slopeside take out Thanksgiving thing. Gotta support my boy blue during these tough times.
  • Like 5