Zee Lights

skifreak

The real question is how much of the stockpile will be left once the weather turns. Everything is northern exposure, and the piles should cool the ground down. That might give a good boost once the guns come back on even if it looks rough. With the relatively marginal forecast - high twenties after the 1st - that might make the difference.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IceEidolon said:

The real question is how much of the stockpile will be left once the weather turns. Everything is northern exposure, and the piles should cool the ground down. That might give a good boost once the guns come back on even if it looks rough. With the relatively marginal forecast - high twenties after the 1st - that might make the difference.

Maybe a tiny bit left on lower main.  Let’s hope it gets cooler than high 20s.  I honestly just hope Blue can be open for the Xmas to New Years week.  They lose that week they’re screwed.  

Looks like maybe a little snowmaking Tuesday and Wednesday nights and then not till the end of the next weekend.  I don’t know if anybody checked the webcams lately but still enough snow for a rail jam on vista. They should groom the snow on lower Main Street into a single pile so it lasts longer.  

Looks like maybe a little snowmaking Tuesday and Wednesday nights and then not till the end of the next weekend.  I don’t know if anybody checked the webcams lately but still enough snow for a rail jam on vista. They should groom the snow on lower Main Street into a single pile so it lasts longer.  
There's a phrase, till it and kill it. Moving wet snow on warm ground is a great way to get it to melt.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Schif said:

Looks like there are 3 windows of below freezing temps next week but they seem to correspond with higher humidity. Not looking great for snowmaking but this is also just a forecast so who knows. 

image.png

Where is this the forecast for?  I find the Palmerton forecast to be bad.  Typically for temperatures at least I find Blue to be about halfway between Allentown and mount pocono..

22 minutes ago, Schif said:

Looks like there are 3 windows of below freezing temps next week but they seem to correspond with higher humidity. Not looking great for snowmaking but this is also just a forecast so who knows. 

image.png

Realistically there is one very marginal window for snow making. 27 degrees and 28 degrees isn't very promising... I might have to take the road bike off of the trainer...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Typically for temperatures at least I find Blue to be about halfway between Allentown and mount pocono.

that's about right. for my zip code, we have elevations that are much lower than blue and that's where it's targeted. it is usually colder at my place than what's reported for my zip but slightly warmer than mt pocono. 

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

that's about right. for my zip code, we have elevations that are much lower than blue and that's where it's targeted. it is usually colder at my place than what's reported for my zip but slightly warmer than mt pocono. 

I know it’s an inversion day when Allentown is cooler than mount pocono.  The biggest temperature variations between low and high elevations are actually when the humidity is high like right now. 

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

That forecast is for Palmerton so who knows. Maybe one of you locals should go put up a weather station on a tree on Switchback. 

I should...Blue should have a link to their weather stations. The snowmakers have several weather stations throughout the mountain.  

• Like 1