Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I was on google maps satellite view looking earlier lol.  I’m guessing maybe the location off willow brook road near north catasuqua

That’s the one. About a mile from the house. Heading north you can see the lights on top of the ridge when they are on, like 5 in a row. And a glow on the clouds, when there’s cover

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

The airport one. Wasnt sure if there was one more north. Love these warehouses. Like 70% of my business 

The one at 191 and 22 is huge. Amazing how there was that much available land still. Yeah if you like warehouses this is a grate place. Even a Batesville casket warehouse in New Smithville 

They are planning warehouses up the ass where I live. A mile north from me, south of me, east of the highway, across from my Grandfather's house, all along Mt. Steezy Road (south of MacAdoo), and in another quiet residential area west of Hazleton. It really sucks - so much woodland will be destroyed, massive increase in traffic, lots more red lights, higher rent, etc. I dont give a funk about the tax revenue. When I move it certainly won't be in any area that might get warehouses. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My neighbor wanted me to sign a silly petition and go to township meetings. Both are a waste of time, because only money talks. The developers and land owners don't really give a funk about what residents think.

Your voice and your vote matter. Support people who value land preservation and not tax money. I'm glad that the township I live in has some of the highest amounts of preserved farmland in Northampton County because people out here value that, surprisingly. 

Most of my runs out here are through preserved farmland which is great. There are very few large plots of land available for development that aren't preserved. 

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Shadows said:

What would one need in order to do this? 

raspberry pi, anemometer, barometric pressure sensor, thermometer, and humidity sensor? and some way to get it an internet connection? a few hundred dollars, would be easier if it was within range of wifi

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

raspberry pi, anemometer, barometric pressure sensor, thermometer, and humidity sensor? and some way to get it an internet connection? a few hundred dollars, would be easier if it was within range of wifi

need power source ;)

edit: i was under the impression it was being strapped to some random tree.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, saltyant said:

They are planning warehouses up the ass where I live. A mile north from me, south of me, east of the highway, across from my Grandfather's house, all along Mt. Steezy Road (south of MacAdoo), and in another quiet residential area west of Hazleton. It really sucks - so much woodland will be destroyed, massive increase in traffic, lots more red lights, higher rent, etc. I dont give a funk about the tax revenue. When I move it certainly won't be in any area that might get warehouses. 

Where would you want to move to?  I don’t have a problem with warehouses.  In addition to job creation, they serve as hubs for consumer goods that are shipped around the nation. It’s pretty amazing going into a store and being able to get basically anything you want.  

29 minutes ago, saltyant said:

My neighbor wanted me to sign a silly petition and go to township meetings. Both are a waste of time, because only money talks. The developers and land owners don't really give a funk about what residents think.

You’re right..in south Whitehall township, the commissioners did a behind closed door deal with land developers to build hundreds of housing units on farmland..by the time the public could comment on it, it was too late. Will be nice places for NJ and NY people to live though. 

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Your voice and your vote matter. Support people who value land preservation and not tax money. I'm glad that the township I live in has some of the highest amounts of preserved farmland in Northampton County because people out here value that, surprisingly. 

Most of my runs out here are through preserved farmland which is great. There are very few large plots of land available for development that aren't preserved. 

There you go Salty you can move to Moore township.  Then you’ll probably complain that you have to drive 20+ minutes to get to Target. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

Warehouses only pop up in places where the land is cheap and plentiful and the highways are easily accessible. If you don't like them then don't live near the confluence of major interstate highways. 

Reminds me of the people in the Conshy Facebook group who complain about traffic.  Conshy is literally at the confluence of 2 out of the main 3 highways leading to one of America’s most populated cities, just a few miles away.  Why wouldn’t there be traffic?

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Reminds me of the people in the Conshy Facebook group who complain about traffic.  Conshy is literally at the confluence of 2 out of the main 3 highways leading to one of America’s most populated cities, just a few miles away.  Why wouldn’t there be traffic?

Same with people who move near an airport and complain about loud planes flying over their homes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Yeah it sucks...I have it happening in my are...

Would housing be better?...whats the lesser evil?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where would you want to move to?  I don’t have a problem with warehouses.  In addition to job creation, they serve as hubs for consumer goods that are shipped around the nation. It’s pretty amazing going into a store and being able to get basically anything you want.  

I just dont like warehouses in my backyard. NIMBY. In one residential area nearby, the warehouse developer leveled the woods right behind a homeowner's house. He lived there for 15 years, and instead of woods in his backyard he might get a buffer wall so he doesnt have to look at the warehouse. It might even block out some of the noise. 

I'd move anywhere rural. I dont like noise or traffic.

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Warehouses only pop up in places where the land is cheap and plentiful and the highways are easily accessible. If you don't like them then don't live near the confluence of major interstate highways. 

This is accurate. I'll still complain (though not as much as my neighbors) because I was here first and there was never this much traffic before all these damn warehouses came. But it's "progress" and nothing I can do about it, except move.

And this is how a lot of people feel who have lived in the same houses for many decades, even before the Interstate came thru. The residents of Lofty, an isolated town of 50 or less, have probably been there forever and now they're shoving warehouses there too, in a very rural area, because the highway is 2 miles away.

Edited by saltyant