Zee Lights

skifreak

Poaching is a benefit of not having a season pass. Soinds like JF area may have gotten 24"

No I never posted a report. Brief update.

Stowe Dec 14

- Stayed at Golden Eagle - nice room but didn't love surprise $20 resort fee add on. 

- Mtn had basically 3 TTB runs off quad and a 4th off Gondola. Lightly groomed conditions were a pleasure to ski but top half of each run was in thick fog. 

- no lift lines on quad and had each chair to myself. Did Gondola right when it opened and most germ free and rode solo. Then tried it once again later in morning - more people then and didn't love waiting in somewhat enclosed area for 5 min before riding - at least all were spaced and masked. Again rode solo.

- called it quits after 8 runs (long ones at over 2000 vertical feet) as legs getting sore and wanted to save some for next 2 days. Also skiing in dense fog not my fav.

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Poaching is a benefit of not having a season pass. Soinds like JF area may have gotten 24"

No I never posted a report. Brief update.

Stowe Dec 14

- Stayed at Golden Eagle - nice room but didn't love surprise $20 resort fee add on. 

- Mtn had basically 3 TTB runs off quad and a 4th off Gondola. Lightly groomed conditions were a pleasure to ski but top half of each run was in thick fog. 

- no lift lines on quad and had each chair to myself. Did Gondola right when it opened and most germ free and rode solo. Then tried it once again later in morning - more people then and didn't love waiting in somewhat enclosed area for 5 min before riding - at least all were spaced and masked. Again rode solo.

- called it quits after 8 runs (long ones at over 2000 vertical feet) as legs getting sore and wanted to save some for next 2 days. Also skiing in dense fog not my fav.

I'm sure they got 24" with the measuring stick that they use

• Haha 1

Sugarbush 

Mon Dec 15

- Stayed at Common Man Inn and Restaurant. Nice place with good restaurant on premises I got take out from, best I could ask for grab and go breakfast and cool waterfalls out back to walk around.

Okemo was best of 3 ski days as they had a lot more opened. Again no lines and no prob riding even 6 person bubble loft solo all day. Nothing real challenging (or even to the level of Centerline - the black that was open at Stowe) but a great cruising day - got in over 22k vertical. 

20201213_162017.jpg

20201213_173305.jpg

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

Tue Dec 16 - Mt Snow

Stayed at Colonial Motel in Brattleboro and ate take out from Panda North. Motel Breakfast got cancelled so hit McDonald's drive thru for 2 sausage egg burritos (breakfast) and McMuffin (in car lunch).

Frustrating day. It was cold as fuck, the only lifts that run TTB were closed until 11 am, and they were blowing snow on some of the open runs. Lift lines much more chaotic here. Still managed to ride solo every run - but had to make a point of wanting my distance, not automatic.

Skied 8 runs on the shorter lifts (best was the North Face - but making snow on one of those and sketchy coverage on the other). Was psyched when one of the TTB lifts opened for run 9 (the non Bubble one) but then they had snow guns firing right at lift riders in bitter cold and I was "F this I'm done".

Nice three day warm up outing. Heading back next week for 5 days at those 3 places with more open. 

• Boner City 1

They are. 
Not sure about limited tix. I pulled in 10 min ago and still can't find parking. 
I cringe at the thought of the lift lines. 
IMG_20201217_1051102-panorama.thumb.jpg.7d7a09a120f2b6d931c848ed13c9d611.jpg

2 of the first 4 cars have jersey plates so unless things change I’m feeling pretty good about getting up there for Christmas break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Benm said:

They are. 

Not sure about limited tix. I pulled in 10 min ago and still can't find parking. 

I cringe at the thought of the lift lines. 

IMG_20201217_1051102-panorama.jpg

That's going to be sh!t show with limited terrain. I would just turn around and go home.

Three of the four license plates I can see are front-platers.

• Sad 1