Zee Lights

skifreak

3 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Seems like a fair price. They should have charged $649 for new pass holders and $599 for renewal passes. Make people feel better.

I agree with that. $600 is very fair for what you get compared to what else is around. My biggest gripe is the $170 increase in one season. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I agree with that. $600 is very fair for what you get compared to what else is around. My biggest gripe is the $170 increase in one season. 

Should have met renewals in the middle. That was one of the reasons we left frost. There was a significant increase when they were bought by peak and then another significant increase when they were bought by Vail. Wasn’t worth it for 5 passes if we couldn’t get to VT or CO. It will be different when we retire and have the ability to travel for more than a weekend in the winter.

I was thinking about this as I was trudging through the mud on my way out tonight. If blue wants to charge the highest prices in the area, i think it puts them under a microscope. For example people may now start to question things. "will they ever put lights / snowmaking on coming soon?" "Why are my boots caked in mud simply because I walked to my car"? "Why did the meteor crater sized pot holes f up my tires. For $600 I shouldn't have to deal with that." "Why does this lift keep stopping"? "Why can't I ski razors ever...I pay $600 but the race team gets preferential treatment".
In other words they may need to step up their game in certain areas now since they're the big dog now as a far as prices go. At montage for $349 that mud on my boots annoys me a lot less than when it happens at blue for $600.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Would I rather pay whatever we paid last year?  Sure.  Like @GrilledSteezeSandwich said, it's $170 more to ski the best mountain in PA, it's super convenient, and has the best parking lot scene.  Remember, Blue is in the business to make money, and they've got *tons* of people hooked over the last few years at cheap prices, it only makes sense to raise prices given the demand.  I doubt the price increase will have any affect on the season pass take rate on PASR, but if it makes you feel better, keep on bitching.  🤷‍♂️

Would you pay 40% more next year for the same car you have now?🤔

49 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I was thinking about this as I was trudging through the mud on my way out tonight. If blue wants to charge the highest prices in the area, i think it puts them under a microscope. For example people may now start to question things. "will they ever put lights / snowmaking on coming soon?" "Why are my boots caked in mud simply because I walked to my car"? "Why did the meteor crater sized pot holes f up my tires. For $600 I shouldn't have to deal with that." "Why does this lift keep stopping"? "Why can't I ski razors ever...I pay $600 but the race team gets preferential treatment".
In other words they may need to step up their game in certain areas now since they're the big dog now as a far as prices go. At montage for $349 that mud on my boots annoys me a lot less than when it happens at blue for $600.

Were you asking those questions when they charged $600 previously?

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

My biggest gripe is a 40% increase and they still can’t groom as well as every other PA mountain and don’t open the lifts or implement line management fast enough. They’ve shown nothing this season to earn this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Montage is enticing at $399. JF/BB is right out. I don’t mind Camelback, but if I’m going to drive that far for skiing every weekend would rather drive by for smaller crowds in Scranton.

If everyone moves elsewhere I'd consider it too... Wouldn't mind a change of scenery.

7 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

My biggest gripe is a 40% increase and they still can’t groom as well as every other PA mountain and don’t open the lifts or implement line management fast enough. They’ve shown nothing this season to earn this.

Which is absolutely true. I remember the opening day when freshly blown Main Street was just a side to side cookie field. Then quad sitting idle while lines at 6-pack growing and growing. Finally this middle of the week Burma/Vista nonsense with Main Street lines overflowing. They're not just slow starting lifts at times, they don't start them at all. Why bother if people will swallow it either way. And for the same reason forget discounts for existing passholders. We're happy to be hooked and reeled.

• Like 2

Just now, eaf said:

Why bother if people will swallow it either way. 

Correct. They won't put any extra effort in because they're going to make lotsa money anyway, so what do they care if there are wall to wall cookies or operational lifts closed because Jimbo has to keep the seat warm in the warming shack 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

This would have me more ticked off than anything. You and I would pay the same exact price, and I’m not a current pass holder. They should have some type of discount for tenured passholders  

Why should they?  They don’t have to. There is a discount you save money if you purchase before 4/1. It’s simple supply and demand.  Supply is low and demand is high.  I think the $599 price is perfect.  Should I be giving customers who purchased from me a discount?  Should the bar I’ve been visiting for years give me a discount?  Prices have gone up for everything..insurance costs are up, energy costs are up, labor costs are up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why should they?  They don’t have to. There is a discount you save money if you purchase before 4/1. It’s simple supply and demand.  Supply is low and demand is high.  I think the $599 price is perfect.  Should I be giving customers who purchased from me a discount?  Should the bar I’ve been visiting for years give me a discount?  Prices have gone up for everything..insurance costs are up, energy costs are up, labor costs are up. 

But none of those increased cost affected the other mountains that lowered their prices? GTFO. You have no objectivity, you’ve always been a Blue shill 

Edited by enjoralas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I normally buy my pass the first day so 600$ is whatever, one year I can remember paying 729$ l do wonder if it's not a little bit of big for your britches syndrome. 

This year is different because they are in a pandemic and near population centers but next year is a whole new ball game and my gut says demand falls but who knows. 

• Like 1