Zee Lights

skifreak

6 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I normally buy my pass the first day so 600$ is whatever, one year I can remember paying 729$ l do wonder if it's not a little bit of big for your britches syndrome. 

This year is different because they are in a pandemic and near population centers but next year is a whole new ball game and my gut says demand falls but who knows. 

Think of all the brand new skiers and riders who got into it or the people who came out of hibernation after years away from the slopes who are back into it.  Maybe some new ski resorts will be built due to the renewed popularity of the sport. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Were you asking those questions when they charged $600 previously?

Sure. Difference however is if people are now being asked to pay the 40% increase for next season, or opting for blue knowing that there are other options for a lower price, they're going to want to see tangible reasons to justify their decision.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

they're going to want to see tangible reasons to justify their decision.

this is my gripe. if there were big changes happening (ex snow guns on coming soon / upgraded lift / literally anything new) i wouldn't mind at all. but there's not. 

• Like 1

the pass increase sucks, but everything else seems to increase every year (insurance, tolls, etc.) so whatever.  I'm actually surprised Montage didn't increase season pass prices too...with all the concerts they missed out on this past year, I'm sure they're hurting for revenue.  If everyone decided to move to Montage, I'd be on board with that, but otherwise, I'm good with Blue.  Camelback is even further from me and from what I've seen, more of a shitshow as far as crowds.  

Just my two one hundredths of a dollar here but I think the current pricing is a reaction to what they are perceiving now and not any kind of forward thinking or projections. Obviously they have the data and we don't but my best guess is that these perceived crowds will go way down next year when they are loading lifts at capacity and people can be inside longer if they keep selling "reduced numbers" of tickets. 

Increase all you want, that's fine but do it slowly. 40% increase year over year for any product is jarring and I know @skiincy with her marketing expertise can weigh in on just how unprecedented that kind of move is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

Obviously they have the data and we don't but my best guess is that these perceived crowds will go way down next year when they are loading lifts at capacity and people can be inside longer if they keep selling "reduced numbers" of tickets.

Haha, I actually haven’t thought about the fact that people can’t go inside to eat or warm up for a bit is adding the lift lines. 

Edited by antman12

3 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Haha, I actually haven’t thought about the fact that people can’t go inside to eat or warm up for a bit is adding the lift lines. 

100% the boomers aren’t taking their mid morning coffee breaks...not to fear after this weekend liftlines and crowds will begin to diminish.  

41 minutes ago, antman12 said:

I haven't been inside other than to use the bathroom a few times, but based on their "limited" ticket sales I can't imagine much limiting going on inside.