Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Just my two one hundredths of a dollar here but I think the current pricing is a reaction to what they are perceiving now and not any kind of forward thinking or projections. Obviously they have the data and we don't but my best guess is that these perceived crowds will go way down next year when they are loading lifts at capacity and people can be inside longer if they keep selling "reduced numbers" of tickets. 

Increase all you want, that's fine but do it slowly. 40% increase year over year for any product is jarring and I know @skiincy with her marketing expertise can weigh in on just how unprecedented that kind of move is. 

In reality, we should probably look at this as a reversion to previous pass prices. It’s not so much that they are jacking their pass price up a ton as much as they gave us two years of greatly discounted passes. I think it comes down to the previous two Springs, Blue seems to have needed a cash influx NOW, and this year with a more successful winter, perhaps they don’t.  In reality, this is right about what I expected, and probably about right for their size in the region. 

It’s fun to be outraged though, so I’ll continue to be.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I haven't been inside other than to use the bathroom a few times, but based on their "limited" ticket sales I can't imagine much limiting going on inside.

Inside is where the only state mandated limiting would be in effect. They are supposed to have capacity restrictions, no booze without food (when is that going to end btw) and reduced table capacity. There's no way they can reasonably count the number of people inside but I would guess it's set up so that it would be fairly uncomfortable to actually utilize the lodge right now. 

1 minute ago, enjoralas said:

In reality, we should probably look at this as a reversion to previous pass prices. It’s not so much that they are jacking their pass price up a ton as much as they gave us two years of greatly discounted passes. I think it comes down to the previous two Springs, Blue seems to have needed a cash influx NOW, and this year with a more successful winter, perhaps they don’t.  In reality, this is right about what I expected, and probably about right for their size in the region. 

It’s fun to be outraged though, so I’ll continue to be.

All of this being said, when you do institute a large increase, I think it’s definitely fair to hold their feet to the fire a bit on things like lot conditions (good on them for addressing it) and lift operations, both timing of capacity changes and personnel for crowd control. And grooming.

• Like 2

whole lot of speculation going on here without knowing the details of blue's financials that drive a decision like this. they're not here to hook us up, they exist to make money. blue strikes the balance of quality, proximity, price, and intangible convenience for me, so for factors other than cost alone, it'd take a lot for me to not buy a blue pass for next season. sometimes i even like to ski with some of you!

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Schif said:

PASR really needs a representative on the board of directors at Blue Mountain

Blue isn’t a corporation.  I’m still laughing at the bitch fest over $599 season pass prices.  Before a few years ago the early bird price was $499.  I’m so glad none of you are my customers...it would make my job much less profitable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue isn’t a corporation.  I’m still laughing at the bitch fest over $599 season pass prices.  Before a few years ago the early bird price was $499.  I’m so glad none of you are my customers...it would make my job much less profitable. 

I'll just leave this here

Untitled.png.17a70358821997cca96fe4f5b4ac3651.png

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Given folks here believe Blue is the best skiing in NEPA, it is hard to see why folks would not feel they should charge as much as CB. 

Would be nice for them to match CB in offering cheaper rates for under 30 passes or off hour passes - but I guess they believe they are better than CB and don't need to match their deal in every respect.

If I were getting a PA only pass it would be Montage. Smaller lines, lower prices and Boomer is my fav trail closer than Elk or Hunter. But doubt I will get a PA only pass. Awaiting pricing of Epic, Ikon, ORDA, Indy options. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's shocking if true. I would think any ski area would incorporate to limit the owners' personal liability. What kind of legal entity are they - a sole proprietorship or partnership?

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s what I was saying weeks ago.  I really hope blue saw my posts and raised their season pass price accordingly.  

If you have extra dough, why not just be spreading it from the six-pack? Do it daily around noon time, and crowds  will love you 😍 

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eaf said:

If you have extra dough, why not just be spreading it from the six-pack? Do it daily around noon time, and crowds  will love you 😍 

Hell no...most of the skiers at Blue have more money than me.  I’d rather my extra dough go to my employees and Allentown bartenders. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

This season is #8

This is my 19th blue season pass and 25th season having a season pass in total.  My first time skiing Blue was actually 30 years ago. My mom brought that up and I said they should name a ski trail after me.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have extra dough, why not just be spreading it from the six-pack? Do it daily around noon time, and crowds  will love you [emoji7] 

No way. Joker did that shit (lured people in with free money) in the 1988 batman film, next thing you know balloons filled with smilex gas poisoned everyone. Moral of the story....never take free money from anyone!!