Zee Lights

skifreak

someone posted on blue's fb page (which i'm no longer banned from btw) about someone jumping 'off the edge' and landing on his mother sunday on the 'bottom part of falls'. 

sort of vague, i wouldn't consider the top to be an edge and they'd have to be basically straightlining challenge to land even halfway down.

even tho the person downhill has the right of way, i've seen so much silly shit on falls that i wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who's never skied in their life standing half way down falls taking a photo while eating a granola bar blindfolded. 

regardless, sounded like a bad situation (punctured lung, broken ribs, cracked collar bone), hopefully they recover soon.

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

someone posted on blue's fb page (which i'm no longer banned from btw) about someone jumping 'off the edge' and landing on his mother sunday on the 'bottom part of falls'. 

sort of vague, i wouldn't consider the top to be an edge and they'd have to be basically straightlining challenge to land even halfway down.

even tho the person downhill has the right of way, i've seen so much silly shit on falls that i wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who's never skied in their life standing half way down falls taking a photo while eating a granola bar blindfolded. 

regardless, sounded like a bad situation (punctured lung, broken ribs, cracked collar bone), hopefully they recover soon.

I brought this up on the lift Sunday (forget exactly who was with me) about how people make the right turn at the bottom of sidewinder and end up on falls because they don’t read the signs. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I brought this up on the lift Sunday (forget exactly who was with me) about how people make the right turn at the bottom of sidewinder and end up on falls because they don’t read the signs. 

ok maybe that's it. it was wondering if it was possible to come off of that onto falls but couldn't really picture it.

you mean lower sidewinder right?

Edited by Benm

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

I can confidently say it wasn’t me. Those big feet didn’t leave the ground Sunday. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

i swear there used to be netting and signage there signifying that falls was a double black diamond, and you kinda had to deliberately go there and not just end up there by chance like you can now. you can kinda make a pretty good educated guess about what lurks below if you're following people you trust and know their skiing instincts. i'm honestly surprised they don't have a patroller just lurking at the top waving to slow people down if there's carnage below.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

people can always bail if they make the mistake, isn't there a little crossover there at the very top to jump back into lower sidewinder???

yes. do you really know you made a mistake until you're halfway down sliding head first on your back though?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Justo8484 said:

yes. do you really know you made a mistake until you're halfway down sliding head first on your back though?

true.

but approaching the ledge and not being able to see any of the terrain ahead of it is probably a good indicator to a lot of people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

people can always bail if they make the mistake, isn't there a little crossover there at the very top to jump back into lower sidewinder???

My aunt made a wrong turn and wound up at the top of Falls on Saturday and used the little crossover to get back to lower sidewinder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benm said:

true.

but approaching the ledge and not being able to see any of the terrain ahead of it is probably a good indicator to a lot of people.

Remember, we live in a world that needs “WARNING CONTENTS ARE HOT” on a cup of coffee 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Is this the first inclement weather close of the year? 

I believe there was one other one early season.  BethlehemFordGuys friend Harold is at 98 days and Blue has only been open about 101-102 days. Impressive AF

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s not close to me.  I like to know how many ski days everybody is at, all the time but some like BenM make it tough cause they don’t update stats everyday. 

Wow just wow, I couldnt imagine keeping track of all that for multiple people

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Wow just wow, I couldnt imagine keeping track of all that for multiple people

When I used to play golf with my dad and his friends I used to keep track of everybodies scores and my dad got mad at me for calling out his friends cheating.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I used to play golf with my dad and his friends I used to keep track of everybodies scores and my dad got mad at me for calling out his friends cheating.  

My golf buddies hate me for that exact reason. 

“I got a 4 on that hole” 

“it took you 3 shots to get out of the bunker” 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2