Zee Lights

skifreak

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My first thought but it should be two-three trails..or Blue would be leaving trails on the table. 

Worse than leaving money on the table is leaving trails on the mountain. If I know Blue, this will be split up into upper and lower in a few years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

exciting that a new trail will be opened up at Blue, with possibly one of the lamest fucking names for a trail ever.  Plunge/freefall? like there is some crazy steep on this trail? no.  Ray of sunshine?  its never sunny at Blue.  Those names all suck.  They should go back to the drawing board with them.  

That trail should have this marker - Blue square with this symbol in it, for whats gonna happen at the intersection of Paradise.  

image.png.555efd3951ea964fe97bc56af6eb3f0b.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

As soon as there's a connector/bypass around that steep bit, I bet it does get split from Two Tickets to Upper Ticket and Lower Ticket.

For all the tiny trails at Blue, at least there aren't upper/lower pairs that can't have one part open without the other (IE Lower Main St can open without Upper, Nightmare doesn't have to be open to ski Dreamweaver, etc.). Shockingly, lower Lazy Mile could be a separate trail and isn't.

Personally, I'm in favour of Valhalla for "Paradise for badasses" but they obviously aren't taking suggestions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deleted said:

As soon as there's a connector/bypass around that steep bit, I bet it does get split from Two Tickets to Upper Ticket and Lower Ticket.

For all the tiny trails at Blue, at least there aren't upper/lower pairs that can't have one part open without the other (IE Lower Main St can open without Upper, Nightmare doesn't have to be open to ski Dreamweaver, etc.). Shockingly, lower Lazy Mile could be a separate trail and isn't.

Personally, I'm in favour of Valhalla for "Paradise for badasses" but they obviously aren't taking suggestions.

Switchback is Upper and Lower and you can't ski one without the other. I don't even know where Upper ends and Lower begins.

11 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Switchback is Upper and Lower and you can't ski one without the other. I don't even know where Upper ends and Lower begins.

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/trail-map/

Check their list? They don't show Upper/Lower Switchback. There is an Upper/Lower Sidewinder, most call Lower Sidewinder the S-Turns.

Also, there is an old connector that's mostly blocked by planted trees and a snowgun where you used to go from Xing across Main Street and over to what would be Lower Switchback - it also carries over via a cat track to Lazy Mile. That's one reason Xing is where it is.

40 minutes ago, Deleted said:

https://www.skibluemt.com/winter-sports/skiing-snowboarding/trail-map/

Check their list? They don't show Upper/Lower Switchback. There is an Upper/Lower Sidewinder, most call Lower Sidewinder the S-Turns.

Also, there is an old connector that's mostly blocked by planted trees and a snowgun where you used to go from Xing across Main Street and over to what would be Lower Switchback - it also carries over via a cat track to Lazy Mile. That's one reason Xing is where it is.

There used to be an upper and lower switchback, it was changed to just switchback in 2008. 

10 hours ago, Kyle said:

There used to be an upper and lower switchback, it was changed to just switchback in 2008. 

2007 Trail Map

I haven't looked at a trail map in years. I guess they went back to just "Switchback" some time ago. I think I remember seeing Upper and Lower on a snow report in the more recent past.