Zee Lights

skifreak

I think the guns were turned off because of a pipe break at the very top of Main Street. They had some heavy equipment repairing it this morning, and turned the guns back on around 11 or so.

Good conditions all around. The quad was down for about 10 minutes when I left a little after 1 PM. Got there a little before 10, and lapped freefall and Main Street for most of the day. Moderately strong wind coming up the hill at the bottom of Main Street

• Like 4

Got 20 runs in today. Snow was perfect everywhere except The Falls had tons of cookies. I was glad they turned the guns off for awhile because it was CAF. Cold weather kept the crowds down. Quad stopped a couple times, but it wasn’t bad. Skiing tomorrow and most likely not back again until next Tuesday. MLK weekend, think I’m gonna stay away. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Benm and I skied this morning, cold but warm super cold with good sun and no wind 

Razors first run was OK but after that the upper headwall was a mine field of cookies. Lazy was near western groomer and main outside of where the pipe burst was very good.

Personally best part of the day they only ran the sixer which made coming soon skate to.  It wasn't bad at all, maybe a minute or two and then it only had like 3 tracks at 10am. Guns where on the main headwall which kinda skunks it but I say that's the best way to run.  

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

It wasn't bad at all

meme-girl-what.gif.08869a380c968fbd8ea341f49d754785.gif

it was pretty good out tho. seemed like it was gonna be real busy before the gates opened but people were spread around pretty well.

gates opened early and some dude just skied right up to grab a chair lmao. liftees stopped it before he could sit.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

What a shit show tonight.  Quad line was crazy.  It seemed like all of BMR was in da house completely disregarding pass scanner (taking  and jumping up to front of line.  They had razors closed so didn’t even get a chance to ride it. 

Snow was great otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Schif said:

I wonder why they were running the 6 in the morning and the quad at night. Do they normally switch lifts like that? 

With coming soon being a legit trail for the first time I don't think there is a good answer outside of run both.  

I would think the sixer is more reliable but not blowing onto the quad will help alot

• Like 2

I decided to work from Bleu this morning and take my calls while sliding on snow.

I strolled to the lift at 10:15/10:30am and chatted with BenM & JohnnyLaw on their way out. 

i love razors… usually. But It felt like frozen chicken thighs especially on the top head wall. Lots of vibration.

favorite run was Lazy Mile to Crossover to Falls. I thought it was great.

Meandered around. Had a great time. i was surprised there was so many people but it was likely because the quad wasn’t running. occasionally i would notice the quad turning. 

after 10 runs, I headed back to work. I should definitely ski midweek more. It was lovelllllly.

Super grateful of them churning out so many trails!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I decided to work from Bleu this morning and take my calls while sliding on snow.

I strolled to the lift at 10:15/10:30am and chatted with BenM & JohnnyLaw on their way out. 

i love razors… usually. But It felt like frozen chicken thighs especially on the top head wall. Lots of vibration.

Meandered around. Had a great time. i was surprised there was so many people but it was likely because the quad wasn’t running. occasionally i would notice the quad turning. 

after 10 runs, I headed back to work. I should definitely ski midweek more. It was lovelllllly.

Awesome you got to experience some weekday skiing at Blue and midweek there’s usually a moderate amount of people but not crowded.  A lot of retired people and work from home folks up on weekdays. Much more subdued and better conditions than at night time. 

29 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Midweek skiing at Blue is usually quite enjoyable. I hope tomorrow morning is just as good as everyone said toady was.

54 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Glad you got a chance to ski a weekday. Do it more often! Had a great time today, more crowded than yesterday. Hiked from 6 to Coming Soon twice, definitely worth the walk, and you had the trail to yourself. I probably won’t ski until Tuesday. Have to work and have some family stuff. Probably be a shit show anyway, MLK weekend. 

• Like 2