Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I saw that email. Also had no idea they had 47 snow tubing lanes. That sounds like a lot and this is officially the year I go over and try it out one time. 

They should send Vail a Christmas card thanking them for not opening tubing and JFBB.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I saw that email. Also had no idea they had 47 snow tubing lanes. That sounds like a lot and this is officially the year I go over and try it out one time. 

I think they used to claim around 30 but once they got rid of family tubes the were able to get up to 47 with all singles.

• 3 weeks later...

top news story (WNEP) is about malfunctioning lifts. montage saying their lift will be back up hopefully thurs. elk is hoping to have one of them online wed.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/susquehanna-county/state-inspector-explains-ski-lift-snafus/523-5fe87e5d-82fd-4190-ad92-3ea3f2fd21b3

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benm said:

top news story (WNEP) is about malfunctioning lifts. montage saying their lift will be back up hopefully thurs. elk is hoping to have one of them online wed.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/susquehanna-county/state-inspector-explains-ski-lift-snafus/523-5fe87e5d-82fd-4190-ad92-3ea3f2fd21b3

If it's the Long Haul lift at Montage, it's a non-event because that lift is pointless anyway. It's about a 13 minute ride which is insane!

• Sad 1

I’ve heard that Vail is going to replace most of the lifts at Frost and Boulder. I wonder if they will sell lifts from their other properties to Frost and Boulder and put new lifts in their first tier properties. They could play a lot of games with profitability, debt and tax strategies. They can’t play as many games with monthly expenses like labor and utilities, which is where they seem to be penny pinching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benm said:

Great repotting….eye roll. Maybe it needs a new flux capacitor. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, C1erArt said:

I’ve heard that Vail is going to replace most of the lifts at Frost and Boulder. I wonder if they will sell lifts from their other properties to Frost and Boulder and put new lifts in their first tier properties. They could play a lot of games with profitability, debt and tax strategies. They can’t play as many games with monthly expenses like labor and utilities, which is where they seem to be penny pinching.

one can only assume that the "new" lifts at JFBB will be "new to JFBB lifts", and not actually new.  Vail probably has a fairly large stockpile of used equipment laying around.  Plus, moving things around from the top tier resorts to the lower resorts only makes sense.  

Maybe Blue can give them a good deal on the quad and then replace that POS. Or maybe when the Summit Safari 8pack goes in from the base to the top of the doubles they can sell the out doubles to them. Short transport distance should make it easy. Just fly the whole thing over when you pluck it off the mountain. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Maybe Blue can give them a good deal on the quad and then replace that POS. Or maybe when the Summit Safari 8pack goes in from the base to the top of the doubles they can sell the out doubles to them. Short transport distance should make it easy. Just fly the whole thing over when you pluck it off the mountain. 

Stop

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Benm said:

Thanks for posting in the Blue forum.  Gonna be extra crowded today and even more potholes. I noted where they are for the drive back.  

8D69494F-B108-4A93-81DD-C1FE72DCC60F.jpeg

61A8F526-C5ED-4BBA-AA16-45E7EFAD67F5.jpeg

• Like 1