Zee Lights

skifreak

On 2/22/2022 at 5:30 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No you bitch about the price.  I was hoping it would be higher.  Make it an even $1,000 or actually $999 to keep it triple digits.  

If it was $1,000 to ski in Pennsylvania, I would find a new mountain.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, skiincy said:

If it was $1,000 to ski in Pennsylvania, I would find a new mountain.

Thinking about it...I would pay a grand for occasional passholder only hours (didn't blue used to do this?) and some sort of actual skip the line type of thing. If we're turning skiing into six flags, might as well offer tiered season access and fast passes...

My true hope is that mass society melts back into the nothingness it came from within the next 5 years or so, so I can get back to enjoying the outdoors again. But I guess every schlub skis or snowboards now (even on the most off-peak, terrible nights) so if I have to pay more to actually enjoy myself, whatever.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Justin said:

Thinking about it...I would pay a grand for occasional passholder only hours (didn't blue used to do this?) and some sort of actual skip the line type of thing. If we're turning skiing into six flags, might as well offer tiered season access and fast passes...

My true hope is that mass society melts back into the nothingness it came from within the next 5 years or so, so I can get back to enjoying the outdoors again. But I guess every schlub skis or snowboards now (even on the most off-peak, terrible nights) so if I have to pay more to actually enjoy myself, whatever.

Blue used to do 7:30 opening on weekends, but that had to be like ~10 years ago now. I'm sure @GrilledSteezeSandwich and pepperridge farm remember. 7:30 for passholders, 8:00 for regular day tickets at blue would be pretty great.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

They probably could've stayed open today. Or at least make it till 4pm. 

Sure but they’re looking to save $$$$..I give Blue props for making so much snow on homestretch, it the past that’s been a weak link late season.  Just checked the webcams and aside from the normal skeeters on vista looks fine.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue mountain season pass for 22-23 purchased.  An email I received saying season passes were going fast prompted me to buy today.  A lot different than the old days when the early bird price was prior to November 15th and Johnny Law would buy his pass opening day. 

That email made me anxious too.  Still trying to use my current year buddy pass before I buy the new one though.  

2 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

That email made me anxious too.  Still trying to use my current year buddy pass before I buy the new one though.  

I emailed my buddy pass code to a bar acquaintance since @Zonked is now married...no idea if he even went.  I think I’ve only ever used my buddy pass twice before.  

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I thought the season pass deadline was the end of March?

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

There isn’t a deadline, it’s until it’s sold out.  

I thought the email said buy by March 15th to get the $50 gift card emailed to you later.

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

That was my plan but I'll probably buy tonight or tomorrow. When you log into your account now it shows the Buddy pass with the year and a redeem button (and transfer button), so less worry about redeeming the wrong one.

I can't figure out how to see the vouchers for my Associates (kids) though. Or even the products assigned to them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

So for the buddy pass do I just take the bar code to a kiosk or ticket window?  No reservation necessary or anything?

Kiosk...and yes reservation.  You did it last year when you brought your wife and kids.  It’s exactly the same. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1