Zee Lights

skifreak

45 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Oh damn! Good eye! 

New liftline for the adventure six pack. @Benmnotices everything..he would definitely know if somebody had eaten some of his porridge.  Even Johnny Law was telling me that he’s one of the brightest to come out of Delco. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

New liftline for the adventure six pack. @Benmnotices everything..he would definitely know if somebody had eaten some of his porridge.  Even Johnny Law was telling me that he’s one of the brightest to come out of Delco. 

Summit Safari Super 6 pack Supreme

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@Benmnone of this is a secret.  In a few weeks when the summer season starts, you can hike around a little and do some more speculation.  

if it's not a secret, blue should just tell ppl if something is happening.

i dunno about hiking. it's a lot steeper when it's grass than when it's snow.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Benm said:

if it's not a secret, blue should just tell ppl if something is happening.

i dunno about hiking. it's a lot steeper when it's grass than when it's snow.

Usually ski areas don’t announce improvements for the next season until the early fall.  That’s when Elk will talk about all the trees they planted.  Remember that article about how blue ordered a new six pack to replace the two doubles..that’s all the info you need.  

1 hour ago, Benm said:

lets just say i've been eavesdropping and 2-3 days ago, they'd been trying to round up what sounds like every chainsaw that exists in PA, chaps (presumably chainsaw) arrived and a lot of chainsaw noises in the background in the last two days. this is what prompted me to take still shots of the cams and start paying attention. 

there is a lot of work being done near come around, so all outside of cam view with the exception of the valley cam where there is a very slight difference - but it is noticeable. it's hard to piece everything together, but you can see add'l lines cut - near the top, i'm guessing skier's right of come around - from the main st cam.

i don't know what it means but it sounded like maybe blue mountain rd was shut down to traffic this morning - could be irrelevant, could be heavy / oversized equipment, might not have been blue mtn road at all.

it sounds like they're in a time crunch, like they are anticipating doing something very soon. 

the location of all things happening would fit the narrative about a lift originating at the bottom and ending at the top of the doubles. after looking at the satellite view, it does look like a pretty easy route wiht the exception of cutting a line through the woods next to come around (which they could just leave in the woods anyway and not clean up).

does it mean anything? not really. is it piquing my interest? absolutely. 

i wouldn't be surprised if some camera feeds stopped working soon.

mainst-new.gif

route.gif

Nice detective work. That’s going to prevent collisions of people trying to get to the mainstreet chair . As far as hiking goes I would think they’ll keep people away from any construction site. Salty needs to do some aerial reconnaissance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

lets just say i've been eavesdropping and 2-3 days ago, they'd been trying to round up what sounds like every chainsaw that exists in PA, chaps (presumably chainsaw) arrived and a lot of chainsaw noises in the background in the last two days. this is what prompted me to take still shots of the cams and start paying attention. 

there is a lot of work being done near come around, so all outside of cam view with the exception of the valley cam where there is a very slight difference - but it is noticeable. it's hard to piece everything together, but you can see add'l lines cut - near the top, i'm guessing skier's right of come around - from the main st cam.

i don't know what it means but it sounded like maybe blue mountain rd was shut down to traffic this morning - could be irrelevant, could be heavy / oversized equipment, might not have been blue mtn road at all.

it sounds like they're in a time crunch, like they are anticipating doing something very soon. 

the location of all things happening would fit the narrative about a lift originating at the bottom and ending at the top of the doubles. after looking at the satellite view, it does look like a pretty easy route wiht the exception of cutting a line through the woods next to come around (which they could just leave in the woods anyway and not clean up).

does it mean anything? not really. is it piquing my interest? absolutely. 

i wouldn't be surprised if some camera feeds stopped working soon.

mainst-new.gif

route.gif

Nice CSI work.  All very interesting stuff.  If it seems like they are in a rush, here is my bet.  

They have the footings for the towers being dug and poured by another company, but they chose to clear the line in house, and its taking longer than anticipated.  

Of course there is always some type of time table they have to be working backwards from.  i am pretty sure this project is being watched closely for permitting and whatnot, so there are most likely some time frame as far as how long the concrete footings have to cure before bolting on some big old towers, lots of core samples, and inspections in between i would imagine, and then of course there is everything that happens after the towers go up.  Its a huge pain in the ass to dig some big holes in the side of a mountain, and get them filled with concrete.  it should be interesting to watch, as access for concrete trucks isnt great, but i think most of it is likely to happen with trucks and pumpers.  

It might seem like there is a lot of time between now and black friday to get this done, but if i was working on this, i think i would have some sleepless nights.  Hopefully the cams stay online.  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

They have the footings for the towers being dug and poured by another company, but they chose to clear the line in house, and its taking longer than anticipated.  

There’s a lot of rock up that way. Do you think they will have to blast to get through it? 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

There’s a lot of rock up that way. Do you think they will have to blast to get through it? 

i would think they would go with a hydraulic breaker on an excavator.  Blasting would bring it to a next level.  

• Like 1

I wonder how many towers they will need in total. I bet they need to pour a pretty big slab for the top and bottom stations too. I would guess there's a week where a local concrete company is dedicating half their trucks to this project. 

Edited by Schif

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i would think they would go with a hydraulic breaker on an excavator.  Blasting would bring it to a next level.  

Feeling On Off Button

things a bit more pronounced from the valley.

valley.gif

Edited by Benm
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...