Zee Lights

skifreak

3 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

Was that the inner or outer footer where the double used to cross Come Around? Will they be able to gain any skiable area there?

not 100% sure what you mean, but in that photo, looking downhill, the footer for the burma chair was out of the shot and to the left. can't answer the question about skiable area, dont remember. i dont really think so looking at the aerial shots. could be wrong. maybe i'll take the dog for another walk this wk and get some add'l pics if i'm feeling motivated. it takes a lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Benm said:

looking downhill, the footer for the burma chair was out of the shot and to the left.

Okay. So the two towers there used to pinch the trail a little bit, and it doesn't look like they'll gain much width on Come Around with the new alignment. It's not that big a deal and you've answered my question.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

Friend of a friend says I'm wrong and Vista, Easy Out, and Burma are on the menu for breakfast. Paradise, Freefall, Shuttle, Home Stretch too. I don't know what they actually got to so far.

I think they really just blew some stuff on Vista.  Suprisingly some of it is still there, so it wasnt in vain.  What happens over this weekend will be telling.  

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m thinking by Tuesday they’ll be able to make the decision on Root Friday.  I think they should just blast paradise top to bottom.  Don’t worry about vista and the hickory dickory dock terrain. 

The groomer shed is close to Vista. If they don't get a snowy path out of the barn, they'll track mud on the snow and they'll wear out their tracks a lot faster.

Besides, Burma takes literally two Paradise guns worth of air to run. Vista takes no air. Easy Out is the one I'm suspicious of - I'd hold off on that if it were me. But Burma and Vista are essentially free, and they need to start early in case December sucks and they need the depth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Larchmont said:

The groomer shed is close to Vista. If they don't get a snowy path out of the barn, they'll track mud on the snow and they'll wear out their tracks a lot faster.

Besides, Burma takes literally two Paradise guns worth of air to run. Vista takes no air. Easy Out is the one I'm suspicious of - I'd hold off on that if it were me. But Burma and Vista are essentially free, and they need to start early in case December sucks and they need the depth.

It is all about the base..you make a good point Larchmont

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Truth not enough lift capacity on the vista chair, that’s why Blue is planning on opening a top to bottom Root and one of their high speed super chairs 

If they are dying to get "open", they will blast Vista this weekend, and then give you a call for a Friday opening, which of course you will go to, even though you have made it clear you wouldnt.  

The only thing is, if they do have a big ass crane up at the top station of the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme, If they blow on Easy out, will they be able to get the equipment out?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

The only thing is, if they do have a big ass crane up at the top station of the Summit Safari Super Six Pack Supreme, If they blow on Easy out, will they be able to get the equipment out?  

Hopefully? There is an access road that runs along the top of the mountain to the groomer shack and shop up top. It is located to the right when getting off of the vista lift. Is it big enough for a crane? No clue. Would Blue try and mash a crane through a space where it shouldn't go? yes.