Zee Lights

skifreak

29 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Friday for certain 

Cool.  We're gonna have a tough call...plan to be skiing friday.  Have passes at Belleayre, but blue is so much closer...

2:45 drive to ski two trails for 'free', or 1:45 to ski two trails for $80 a head...

Why do I live in NJ again?  WTF... 

• Sad 1

On 11/18/2022 at 10:44 AM, saltyant said:

Tomorrow I am planning to fly over Bear Creek and Spring Mountain, and if my flying budget allows maybe I'll head up over Blue as well. I want to tour suburban Philly a little while remaining under the Class B 😬

Did you fly over Bear Creek ? I did a drive by last night, lights were on but no snowmaking . 

24 minutes ago, tnt said:

Cool.  We're gonna have a tough call...plan to be skiing friday.  Have passes at Belleayre, but blue is so much closer...

2:45 drive to ski two trails for 'free', or 1:45 to ski two trails for $80 a head...

Why do I live in NJ again?  WTF... 

Is the extra hour worth 80 dollars to you? I would think so but I like driving 

6 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Did you fly over Bear Creek ? I did a drive by last night, lights were on but no snowmaking . 

I intended to but just couldn't find it. I saw a puff of smoke and flew towards it, but it wasn't Bear Creek. 

I assumed they have been making snow and that it would be super easy to spot, as I used to see it all the time when practicing around the Kutztown area. So I guess they aren't making any snow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Is the extra hour worth 80 dollars to you? I would think so but I like driving 

No brainer if it wasn't WROD season, where we'll be done skiing in 2-3 hours...

But there are some great places for a later lunch in the catskills, so we'll probably do that....

• Like 1

I would figure drive to Catskills probably costs an extra $40 in gas/tolls in addition to taking an extra 2 hrs and putting more miles on car. if I was going solo it would only be worth it if I felt it would be a better ski experience.  Would feel otherwise if bringing kids.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I would figure drive to Catskills probably costs an extra $40 in gas/tolls in addition to taking an extra 2 hrs and putting more miles on car. if I was going solo it would only be worth it if I felt it would be a better ski experience.  Would feel otherwise if bringing kids.

Great advice, as they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

15 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sorry my bad so does anybody know when Blue is opening?

What are you going to do to make the next 4 days and 20+ hours go faster? You'll probably be like Eric Cartman in that one episode of South Park when he had to wait for Nintendo Wii to come out.

Edited by saltyant

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

What are you going to do to make the next 4 days and 20+ hours go faster? You'll probably be like Eric Cartman in that one episode of South Park when he had to wait for Nintendo Wii to come out.

I have a lot of work to do and errands to run plus I need to buy beer. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I have a lot of work to do and errands to run plus I need to buy beer. 

Maybe one day I will fly over at 8:03 or whenever you guys get to the top and can film you skiing down Challenge. Blue can ban drones but they can't ban aeroplanes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Maybe one day I will fly over at 8:03 or whenever you guys get to the top and can film you skiing down Challenge. Blue can ban drones but they can't ban aeroplanes.

That would be rad.  

You guys should get a room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1