Zee Lights

skifreak

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant have you had a chance to check out the web cams?  Blue needs to focus more on homestretch.  

They're definitely giving it hell on Homestretch/lift area now. Both of the new guns pointed at the OG6 are ripping, and it looks like they have a portable gun over by the construction area pointed back toward the lift as well. 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

They're definitely giving it hell on Homestretch/lift area now. Both of the new guns pointed at the OG6 are ripping, and it looks like they have a portable gun over by the construction area pointed back toward the lift as well. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwich thanks for telling them to amp up production and focus more on Homestretch. 

• Boner City 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich thanks for telling them to amp up production and focus more on Homestretch. 

You’re welcome and anytime.  I sometimes think Blues operations team reads this forum for suggestions.  Opening with Paradise and Freebird was actually my idea.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’re welcome and anytime.  I sometimes think Blues operations team reads this forum for suggestions.  Opening with Paradise and Freebird was actually my idea.  

I'll take some credit too because my aerial reconnaissance photography enabled the team to pinpoint where snowmaking was deficient and resulted in highly strategic redeployment of the snowmaking artillery arsenal. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll take some credit too because my aerial reconnaissance photography enabled the team to pinpoint where snowmaking was deficient and resulted in highly strategic redeployment of the snowmaking artillery arsenal. 

Correct I bet the blue mountain operations team along with the snow makers are monitoring PASR during operation Blizzard from their command station. 

43A8DF05-1463-451B-B0F3-1722DB4EB978.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

No updates on Blues FB page since their opening announcement three days ago.  At least camelback is going live with their snowmaking.  

The snowmaking cannons are still roaring.  Still a big gap to fill on homestretch.  I’m guessing they’ll blow snow at Mont Bleu for another 1-2 hours and then later this evening fire up the Blowers again. 

Half an inch of rain on Friday does not seem like good opening day weather. Saturday looks to be around 1/3 of an inch of rain and then some showers on Sunday. The smart thing to do would be to let the whales sit through the rain and then fire the guns back up Monday night when they get the next window of cold. 

I could be wrong since I don't have any eyes on the buoy but that's what I would do with the current forecast. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Schif said:

Half an inch of rain on Friday does not seem like good opening day weather. Saturday looks to be around 1/3 of an inch of rain and then some showers on Sunday. The smart thing to do would be to let the whales sit through the rain and then fire the guns back up Monday night when they get the next window of cold. 

I could be wrong since I don't have any eyes on the buoy but that's what I would do with the current forecast. 

They would get bent over on social media if they didnt open Friday.  But this doesnt mean they open everything they have been blowing snow on.  

#Vistaopening

#uphillonParadise

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They are aiming to open 11/25 from fridays announcement so not confirmed.  I’m not that confident we’ll be skiing at Blue Friday. 

So i was just looking a little further into the weekend forecast.  I might lean towards agreeing with you, but there are 2 really different solutions to this weekend, and one does show some significant rain.  Timing will not be good on things until Wednesday, i think.  

A rain filled weekend with no skiing is gonna suck.  

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They are aiming to open 11/25 from fridays announcement so not confirmed.  I’m not that confident we’ll be skiing at Blue Friday. 

I need to ski soon. If Blue isn't on Blue Friday we should all take a road trip to the shopping mall in Jersey and do some indoor skiing.