Zee Lights

skifreak

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Open tomorrow before the rain!

That’s what I said but I doubt they’d have the available staff and most work tomorrow so they wouldn’t get the nice opening day turnout they want.  Also they need time for the snow to dry out a bit so it’s not all cookies wahaahahah 

56 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant this is getting good.  @Schif you won’t need your long John’s opening day gonna be mild.  It’s dynamite @tnt

I'll try to get out once this weekend, probably Saturday since I'm afraid of the rain. Waking up early is really rough though. I might have to start skiing afternoons, you guys can be sure to reserve my parking spot until I get there. Once the new high speed chair lifts is installed there shouldn't be any lines anymore which will make afternoon skiing viable all winter long. ❄️

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll try to get out once this weekend, probably Saturday since I'm afraid of the rain. Waking up early is really rough though. I might have to start skiing afternoons, you guys can be sure to reserve my parking spot until I get there. Once the new high speed chair lifts is installed there shouldn't be any lines anymore which will make afternoon skiing viable all winter long. ❄️

Yeah but the runs will be crowded.  That’s the main reason to arrive early and for the fresh cord and to yell Walt and Walt from the lift. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but the runs will be crowded.  That’s the main reason to arrive early and for the fresh cord and to yell Walt and Walt from the lift. 

Typically the black diamonds are empty even on the busiest of days. But on the green circles and blue squares there are immense numbers of Jersey gapers that block the root, so I stay away from those. @RootDKJ root talk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

How many more skiers per hour will this chair move compared to the # moved by Burma and Main St? 

My guess is it will reduce crowds at base a bit, but all lifts there will still have longer lines than the old doubles would have had on equivalent days.

21 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Typically the black diamonds are empty even on the busiest of days. But on the green circles and blue squares there are immense numbers of Jersey gapers that block the root, so I stay away from those. @RootDKJ root talk

Root hasn’t been on PASR since October.  It’s sad he used to be so into skiing but he became a Dad.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

How many more skiers per hour will this chair move compared to the # moved by Burma and Main St? 

My guess is it will reduce crowds at base a bit, but all lifts there will still have longer lines than the old doubles would have had on equivalent days.

Burma and Main Street chairs at max capacity haul about 900 skiers per hour each but usually only one is running and stops a lot so I’m guessing more like 750 per hour if every chair had two people.  A six pack can handle about 3,000 skiers per hour so a substantial increase in capacity.  I really only expect all three high speeds to have significant lines late morning/early afternoon on the busiest of days.  Having your pick of all three will be huge if all three are running. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1