Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

Screenshot_20221215_214104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7392eb7e5a8507803f98cd9a74adb442.jpg

I remember those no snowboarding days blue was one of the last hold outs and Finally allowed shredders aka knuckledraggers who referred to us as two planker wankers on the slopes for the 96-97 season.  At the time I believe it was only Taos, Alta, Deer Valley and Mad River glen that didn’t allow snowboarders.  There’s was so much growth in snowboarding during the 90s that a solid 50% of snow sports enthusiasts I knew in college were snowboarders.  Then a lot of snowboarders became skiers as they neared middle age. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I remember those no snowboarding days blue was one of the last hold outs and Finally allowed shredders aka knuckledraggers who referred to us as two planker wankers on the slopes for the 96-97 season.  At the time I believe it was only Taos, Alta, Deer Valley and Mad River glen that didn’t allow snowboarders.  There’s was so much growth in snowboarding during the 90s that a solid 50% of snow sports enthusiasts I knew in college were snowboarders.  Then a lot of snowboarders became skiers as they neared middle age. 

When they first built the parks they didn't allow skiers. My cousin and I got our passes pulled like 6 times an no amount of go read Freeze magazine or references to the new Canadian Air force would help. I feel like it was only one season but they have some dumb ideas. 

Blue doesn't realize they are using the wrong side of the ruler....8cm is way more accurate 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

When they first built the parks they didn't allow skiers. My cousin and I got our passes pulled like 6 times an no amount of go read Freeze magazine or references to the new Canadian Air force would help. I feel like it was only one season but they have some dumb ideas. 

Blue doesn't realize they are using the wrong side of the ruler....8cm is way more accurate 

Yeah they weren’t called terrain parks they were called snowboard parks.  The one season around the mid 90s Blue had a crazy deep base because it snowed alot plus they blew tons of snow I know they were 100% for Xmas.   The Falls had like an 8 foot base and there was a jump carved out into the left side spine a nice side hit, to work on doing like a 70 degree air turn..I called it an airplane turn….ski patrol would say shit like,”keep your skis on the snow” and if skiing fast they’d say,”I wanna see some turns out of you”. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know if they blew snow last night (or if they're doing it now)?

I think they give their employees off for Christmas, which is great, but part of me really hopes they'll take advantage of this 48+hr of subtwenties temps. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

Does anyone know if they blew snow last night (or if they're doing it now)?

I think they give their employees off for Christmas, which is great, but part of me really hopes they'll take advantage of this 48+hr of subtwenties temps. 

looking at the main street cam, there is no snowmaking on upper main.  with last nights wind, snowmaking would have probably benefited Mt Mik, but maybe not so much their own slopes.  

Valley cam wont load, im gonna need you to go ahead and fix that for us.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, indiggio said:

Supposedly power companies are requesting holding off on electricity use, but I'm skeptical...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2022-12-24/pennsylvania-warned-of-rolling-blackouts-asked-to-conserve

I believe it. At least guns are on now 👍

• Like 1

For the first time this season there is a wait to get into Blue mountains Estore.  I guess alot of people are spending that Xmas cash.  

The price for 8 hour lift tickets beginning at any time.  They don’t have the 4 hour lift tickets anymore.  I think the 8 hour ticket makes people stay longer so they spend more money.  

DFB1D64C-E1C6-44D7-B33D-01D9698EFAF5.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was telling VTMark earlier about how night lift tickets used to be like $28 and he said hehehehe in the 90s. Yeah in the 90s…in the early 90s was even cheaper than that. 

B5565197-85E3-4C5D-AA67-917F99CA3ECB.png

Best deal a way back when was the $18 Sunday evenings after 4pm.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Best deal a way back when was the $18 Sunday evenings after 4pm.

When I was in 6th grade the price through ski school was $14 for lift ticket, $19 for lift ticket and rental and $21 for the first time on skis package which was vista chair lift ticket, lesson and rental.  The transportation was free thanks to the Allentown school district taxpayers.  

They used to have mens night, ladies night, ski club night all for that Sunday night special price.  I think they should throw in a few specials for the new and casual skiers and riders.  Maybe like a throwback Thursday or Tuesday a few days/nights during the season and some sort of special for winterfest which sadly I usually miss because I’m in Jackson hole but it looks rad. 

• Like 1