Zee Lights

skifreak

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They may have made extra money selling only 8 hour tickets..for all the complainers who didn’t go a lot of people shelled out way more Johnny cash to experience a taste of winter in snowless PA. 

I feel like temporarily eliminating the 4 hour pass option is bad for customer goodwill along with charging season pass holders $20 if they forget their pass.  Heck I’ve been using the same pass since 2017-18 season I’m not paying $20.  

13 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m still on my 40th anniversary pass.  Feel like I’m owed a new one at this point lol

13 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Same. I don't want to use a different one. This one is golden and baller AF. 

Pass holders should at least get a "replacement credit" on their account for every year they haven't needed a mid-season replacement. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Pass holders should at least get a "replacement credit" on their account for every year they haven't needed a mid-season replacement. 

I had been using the original card up until last season.
The readers seemed to be having an increasingly hard time reading it, so I had them swap the card out with a new one and haven't had a problem since.
FWIW, the readers at the new lift work incredibly well.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, indiggio said:

FWIW, the readers at the new lift work incredibly well.

Truth!

I wasn't up this past weekend to see how it fared... but the corral is rather small at the new lift. How is that going to play out during peak hours?

38 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Or, just don't charge $20 to your loyal customers for a card that costs pennies.

Of course that's the RIGHT way to do it . . but that's why I said "at least". 😂

$20 charge after one "courtesy replacement" (if you are lucky, it seems) isn't even the least

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Truth!

I wasn't up this past weekend to see how it fared... but the corral is rather small at the new lift. How is that going to play out during peak hours?

With the amount of lift capacity they now have, I don’t see long lines in peak times if all three high speeds are running.  

33 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Truth!

Well, there was a fair crowd at times at the new lift. 
It's a pretty poor layout, having the readers so close to the lift.  Whomever designed that wasn't too swift.
When it was crowded, the attendants were "attempting" to group people who were already in the two-person grouping lines.  It was a cluster and nobody was listening to them when they would try to get people to fill up chairs at that point, yelling at them to "GO! Fill up the chair!" 
They also put the SP trailer too close to the readers, so there's no real way to expand the reader lines, so they put up a fence which screws up that entire area.
It's like they didn't even give any thought whatsoever as to how it was going to work or include any ideas from anyone who actually uses the lifts.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Well, there was a fair crowd at times at the new lift. 
It's a pretty poor layout, having the readers so close to the lift.  Whomever designed that wasn't too swift.
When it was crowded, the attendants were "attempting" to group people who were already in the two-person grouping lines.  It was a cluster and nobody was listening to them when they would try to get people to fill up chairs at that point, yelling at them to "GO! Fill up the chair!" 
They also put the SP trailer too close to the readers, so there's no real way to expand the reader lines, so they put up a fence which screws up that entire area.
It's like they didn't even give any thought whatsoever as to how it was going to work or include any ideas from anyone who actually uses the lifts.

Yup. theyre going to have to make some changes to the layout.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Even if, odds are they're not going to put any effort in opening anything new at this point.

yesterday i felt this is the year they wouldnt be 100% open, and it would be either Challenge or Side that would still be grass.  We have a cold shot coming up, (again, forecast, so we will see) but i dont think the forecast is great after this forecasted cold shot.  i think in about a week, we could definitely stick a fork in Challenge, Side, and switch.  

i guess be thankful that they did what they did right around thanksgiving to open.  if not, we would be in worse shape.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

At least they are blowing lower main too. 

that's like saying i have 3 flat tires but my one's good, while i'm filling up an extra spare to put in the trunk.

i also asked blue's chat what the deal was with the display next to the quad. their response was basically (honestly, literally) we have no idea, you tell us when you find out.

Edited by Benm
  • Haha 1