Zee Lights

skifreak

3 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I'm disappointed that they aren't trying to open more runs

I'm happy they are solidifying what we already have open. There's plenty of season left for another cold snap and to open more trails. You know what they say, anything before Arbor Day is a bonus. 

• Like 3
  • Boner City 1

35 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I'm disappointed that they aren't trying to open more runs

I think its time to look at the long haul, and bulk up on whats open so they dont blow thier wad trying to open new stuff, just to close March 5th, cause they dont have enough snow.  I doubt with this cold strectch they would even get switch open.  

image.png.114b2ad82d09ec31ea52fbb056b5e5df.png

After this weekend the next shot at snow making temps based on this, i guess, happens after or during it rains?  that should go well.  

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm happy they are solidifying what we already have open. There's plenty of season left for another cold snap and to open more trails. You know what they say, anything before Arbor Day is a bonus. 

I know that's a popular opinion, I think the opposite. If they don't get the rest of the mountain open, then the high traffic on the trails they do have are just going to have them beat to shit in 2 hours on a weekend morning anyway. They've been blowing for 48 hours, and it will be another 60+ before they have to shut the guns off. They could have expanded.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I know that's a popular opinion, I think the opposite. If they don't get the rest of the mountain open, then the high traffic on the trails they do have are just going to have them beat to shit in 2 hours on a weekend morning anyway. They've been blowing for 48 hours, and it will be another 60+ before they have to shut the guns off. They could have expanded.

Challenge dumps onto falls, and homestretch.  Sidewinder does the same.  Switchback dumps onto lower main.  Lol.  so, expanding which of these trails will keep shuttle, homestretch and terrain run from getting beat to shit in 2 hrs?

When the place is fully open it gets beat to shit in two hours.  this is nothing new.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Challenge dumps onto falls, and homestretch.  Sidewinder does the same.  Switchback dumps onto lower main.  Lol.  so, expanding which of these trails will keep shuttle, homestretch and terrain run from getting beat to shit in 2 hrs?

When the place is fully open it gets beat to shit in two hours.  this is nothing new.  

Switchback won’t get the traffic that Sidewinder would to relieve pressure on the existing trails from blue trail skiers, imho. 

BenM is the only person I know who has been pissed at about Blue blowing snow on tubing.  If they’re blowing snow on tubing that means they’re also blowing snow on the skiing runs and tubing is a cash cow and it’s revenue provides resources for resort wide improvements.  You’re my boy Blue. 

I just received a fax from BethlehemFordGuys friend Jimmy..he said he heard from a friend that they were blowing snow on Challenge.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It sure is..thanks for the tag and merry Christmas!!

Thanks, tomorrow be sure to dress as a cosmonaut. Ice is nice. Speed is good. Cookies are crunchy. I won't be able to talk on the ski lift since I'll be double masked and there will be loud snow guns firing in all directions. I just hope that white powdery stuff doesn't get in my face.

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, tomorrow be sure to dress as a cosmonaut. Ice is nice. Speed is good. Cookies are crunchy. I won't be able to talk on the ski lift since I'll be double masked and there will be loud snow guns firing in all directions. I just hope that white powdery stuff doesn't get in my face.

I’ll let you try on my new balaclava..it smells a little like spicy mustard. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll let you try on my new balaclava..it smells a little like spicy mustard. 

I hope they aren't blowing perder on every trail tomorrow. Yesterday at Hunter my last run I skied under a bunch of snow guns (took a wrong turn by accident) and crashed from hitting a snow snake. It was not grate