Zee Lights

skifreak

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Looking like Blue will remain open daily through the 26th and might open the following weekend.  They did a good job covering up alot of the brown and only lost nightmare to dreamweaver…that run is challenging to keep covered it has a stream that runs under it.  They plan on blowing tonight and it’s dry and cold..they might blow Monday night as well then it gets warm..high of 68 Thursday for Allentown..thursdays have been the warmest day this season it seems.  

It is impressive to see how long they have made it considering the season we have had. Just another reason why Blue is the best ski area in all of Carbon County, regardless of what Ski2liv says. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had some time in the late afternoon and got up.  Nobody home and the weather was super super nice.  

Snow was straight taters but with the exception of challenge soft enough you could plow through.

The brown is creeping for sure but they blew in a bunch of spots and for the most part it's nothing serious. 

22 hours ago, toast21602 said:

It is impressive to see how long they have made it considering the season we have had. Just another reason why Blue is the best ski area in all of Carbon County, regardless of what Ski2liv says. 

What other areas are in Carbon County? I'm sure it doesn't include Elk so the only contender would be Camelback. 

Nothing wrong with Blue as a ski area. It's just too crowded for my taste during peak skiing times 10-2 non work days. But crowds are a sign of an otherwise good product.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I had some time in the late afternoon and got up.  Nobody home and the weather was super super nice.  

Snow was straight taters but with the exception of challenge soft enough you could plow through.

The brown is creeping for sure but they blew in a bunch of spots and for the most part it's nothing serious. 

I’ll be up tomorrow for opening..maybe Wednesday as well.  Thursday I have a morning appointment and looks like maybe rain.  Way to get after it.  I had a little FOMO not skiing today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What other areas are in Carbon County? I'm sure it doesn't include Elk so the only contender would be Camelback. 

Nothing wrong with Blue as a ski area. It's just too crowded for my taste during peak skiing times 10-2 non work days. But crowds are a sign of an otherwise good product.

shoo-bye.gif

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I heard a rumor Sunday last day? Nothing on website 

My educated guess is closing March 26th reopening April 1st and 2nd for something small either a park thing or pond skim.  I did catch wind of a very end of season park event.  I'm guessing a school hill style rail jam kind like the early start.

Edited by DiMe

12 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Nothing wrong with Blue as a ski area. It's just too steep for my taste during peak skiing times 10-2 non work days. But crowds are a sign of an otherwise good product.

JF, BB are both in Carbon County.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Blue's stats have me 9 days short of my actual total days there and Boo 8 days short. No way we missed all the gates for a trip, let alone that many.

#1 has 95 days, 1259 runs, 1.35 million metres vert(wtf metres). #2 Harold 96/1100/1.18 mil. They have it ranked by vert

9 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Blue's stats have me 9 days short of my actual total days there and Boo 8 days short. No way we missed all the gates for a trip, let alone that many.

#1 has 95 days, 1259 runs, 1.35 million metres vert(wtf metres). #2 Harold 96/1100/1.18 mil. They have it ranked by vert

My first day of the season i overhead pass holders complaining that they weren’t getting credit for days unless they went through the season pass holder scanner/line.  No idea if it’s true or not but maybe

23 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

My best season back when I used to put in long sessions.  

4A64A1C8-0E9A-4E64-A67E-5B79146B2FFD.png

• Like 1

Stats should be super easy for Blue to keep track of and publish out. Would be cool if you got a little report at the end of each season telling you what you did that year. 

Part of me thinks they don't want to do that though because if you really dove into that data you would realize you were riding the same 3 lifts over and over and have pretty small per day totals. It's a fine line to walk between quality and quantity in the Poconos. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

My first day of the season i overhead pass holders complaining that they weren’t getting credit for days unless they went through the season pass holder scanner/line.  No idea if it’s true or not but maybe

I usually avoid that line because it’s tighter and there’s a better chance my pol will get caught up in the netting.