Zee Lights

skifreak

49 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Pond skim and closing Sunday.

clsoing.JPG

Damn.  I was really hoping for next weekend to keep things going.  

Shawnee is throwing in the towel this weekend.  Montage and Greek havent said anything yet about closing.  I dont really care about Camelback, but JF will be open next weekend.  

Does anybody know whats up with the dude carrying the toaster?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They opened on 11/25 and closing 3/26…over a four month ski season.  @Ski2Live Live2Ski was elk open for over four months?  Montage? Jack Frost? Camelback?   Suck it Rob!!!

Puts them at 117 days, minus any full day closings which I think were minimal.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also this was Blues 46th ski season..not 45th as they opened in 1977…

You should correct them on FB

• Thanks 1

Pending weather maybe I'll sign up for the Pond Skim. 

I've got one more Epic resort day to use and really want to do some uphill (Maybe Tuckermans). So who wants to plan a trip to Vermont/New Hampshire? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Hell of a run by blue this season.  Tip my cap to them

As for camelback, they have a track record of announcing these things and then back tracking.  $60 plus parking for April tickets 

They did this exact thing last year or the year before, I forget which. I left Blue expecting another day riding the following weekend only to be disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 6:02 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What other areas are in Carbon County? I'm sure it doesn't include Elk so the only contender would be Camelback. 

Nothing wrong with Blue as a ski area. It's just too crowded for my taste during peak skiing times 10-2 non work days. But crowds are a sign of an otherwise good product.

You missed his joke completely but the other ski area in good old carbon co is Jackson Frost. 

Edit and big boulder. With 3 areas Id say that makes Carbon co the ski capitol of Pennsylvania 

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mute1080 said:

Just got here and saw the signs. Damn I was hoping for an afternoon session

It seems like thursdays have been by far the rainiest day this season…I call it TP4s revenge because he always used to ski on Thursdays and doesn’t anymore and the weekends have been generally nice weather albeit cold but it is winter or was winter lol.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

For April the options are JF for $74 or Camelback for $72. However, I’m 90% certain camelback will not open in April 

I don’t have an issue with the prices, it’s just hard to justify spending money at mountains inferior to blue

Thanks for conducting this research.  It depends on how much I want to ski the first weekend in April…if I’m dropping that kind of Johnny cash, signature runs like Floyd’s Folly and camelbacks famous front four along with Nile mile better be open.   After gas and lunch..looking at over one hundred spondoolies..for less fun than a day at blue which is free to $30