Zee Lights

skifreak

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It seems like thursdays have been by far the rainiest day this season…I call it TP4s revenge because he always used to ski on Thursdays and doesn’t anymore and the weekends have been generally nice weather albeit cold but it is winter or was winter lol.  

I did notice it seemed to rain every Thursday. 

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You were discussing what it would cost you to ski elsewhere in PA after Blue kills its season ahead of the PA hills that actually try to give their pass holders their $ worth.

Remind me again when Jack Frost, montage, camelback, Shawnee, elk, and bear creek opened this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You were discussing what it would cost you to ski elsewhere in PA after Blue kills its season ahead of the PA hills that actually try to give their pass holders their $ worth.

I’m not poor like you..I don’t care if something is $40 or $80 or $1,000

I’m still laughing that you’re a lawyer and buying your kids used skis, not just used skis but used rental skis and also that you’re gonna make your kids share a car.  I was even telling my friend about you last night about how you used to make your kids share a hot cocoa but the one kid wised up and decided she likes tea better lol…I have to poop..don’t try and steal my turd.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Anybody check the webcams today? Plenty of snow from the hole they dug for pond skimming. Maybe there’ll be a big dog booter.  

I checked before sundown.  Looks like they're stockpiling for the pond skim and probably a small rail jam setup.

Rode with Mixil this morning and it was super nice spring slush. Some bigger brown spots too make it alot more interesting but nothing crazy. Coming Soon, Razors have generally very good coverage and I think the only new closure is the bottom of widowmaker. 

Absolutely nobody home and no rain made for a longer session. 

I feel like I gotta ride tomorrow but I also hate riding when it's pouring hopefully it's just a light mist. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Rode with Mixil this morning and it was super nice spring slush. Some bigger brown spots too make it alot more interesting but nothing crazy. Coming Soon, Razors have generally very good coverage and I think the only new closure is the bottom of widowmaker. 

Absolutely nobody home and no rain made for a longer session. 

I feel like I gotta ride tomorrow but I also hate riding when it's pouring hopefully it's just a light mist. 

Sunday I’m skiing for sure.  It’s gonna be beautiful and mad technical and gnarly…tomorrow I have alarms set but if the radar is ominous I’ll probably go back to bed.  Who knows the weather isn’t always 100% so my plans for tomorrow are like old people diapers…Depends..

• Like 2

The East Coast's Best Snowmaking System is Getting Even Better!
This just in: Blue Mountain is making a multi-million dollar investment in snowmaking upgrades for the 2023/24 Ski Season! These upgrades will bring YOU more snow sooner, even against Mother Nature!

Our opening capacity will increase by another 30%, bringing 3x more trails online for opening weekend than were ever able to open. Your favorite trails like Razor's Edge, Falls, and Lazy Mile will open much earlier too!

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

This just in: Blue Mountain is making a multi-million dollar investment in snowmaking upgrades for the 2023/24 Ski Season! These upgrades will bring YOU more snow sooner, even against Mother Nature!

Our opening capacity will increase by another 30%, bringing 3x more trails online for opening weekend than were ever able to open. Your favorite trails like Razor's Edge, Falls, and Lazy Mile will open much earlier too!

@mute1080 you don’t have to wait until tomorrow for the news.  My guess was a joint season pass with camelback and we can’t hate on camelback anymore cause it’s our sister mountain.  

• Like 1

The lights are out..game over…

Blue is gone till November unless you want to hit up Oktoberfest which they have in September.  I’m thinking they might build a rail garden or a bonk yard on vista with all that snow piled up from pond skimming.  Maybe they can truck it to ski resorts that don’t suck like Montage and Camelback   

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

The East Coast's Best Snowmaking System is Getting Even Better!

Blue Sucks.  @Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t understand how a 30% increase in snowmaking capacity means a three times increase in trails for opening day. 

They are using the JFBB calculator.  30% X 3 trails X 3 times more trails X 8.34 divided by the Average # of layovers for a Frontier flight over the average lay over time.  Its really simple math when you think about it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1