Zee Lights

skifreak

On 3/23/2021 at 8:00 AM, skiincy said:

Finding out who Rajeev is going to be like discovering who started writing Gossip Girl. xoxo

(although, I’m sure that 99% of people here don’t get the gossip girl reference)

Has anybody heard from Rajeev?  A lot of my female friends have guys like @RajeevGuptaSucheeta hitting them up wanting to see Bobs and Vagine. They just want nice American wife, make good goat, open a Dunkin’ Donuts and live happily ever after.  No shame in their game 

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Larchmont said:

And now they've lost the Comet for the biking weekend thanks to a lightning strike.

I was gonna say well that stinks but they’re letting the bike season passholders take part in upper mountain activities..like the high ropes course and platforms and can play Cornhole/Beanbags on the Lanai

18 hours ago, Larchmont said:

And now they've lost the Comet for the biking weekend thanks to a lightning strike.

I’m unfamiliar with the bike park and everything, is the sixer not equipped to handle uphill bike travel? 

On 6/29/2023 at 3:30 PM, Larchmont said:

What's that about the lightning? Is there a more detailed post somewhere? I skimmed through their FB page and didn't find anything.

15 hours ago, eaf said:

What's that about the lightning? Is there a more detailed post somewhere? I skimmed through their FB page and didn't find anything.

Maybe it was on their instagram stories but right now downhill mountain biking is temporarily suspended due to the comet quad being struck by lightning. Mountain bike season passholders can use the high ropes course for free and bean bags/cornhole is available to all but due to staffing shortages cornhole lessons are also temporarily suspended.  Also there’s taco Tuesday in two days at the slopeside pub and grill. 

Per their Stories on FB, Comet is still down and they don't know if it'll be back by this weekend.

They said there was "extensive damage".

But it's all good, Tubing Hill 1 has something like 15 brand new TechnoAlpin fan towers so we can all enjoy that this winter.

Edited by Larchmont

18 hours ago, Larchmont said:

Per their Stories on FB, Comet is still down and they don't know if it'll be back by this weekend.

They said there was "extensive damage".

But it's all good, Tubing Hill 1 has something like 15 brand new TechnoAlpin fan towers so we can all enjoy that this winter.

I saw that too.  And its kind of interesting that there is all this talk about tubing moving across the street, but really there is so much for that to happen.  I also kinda get why tubing gets some new snow shit.  i think they make some pretty big dough on that, with no where near the resources needed to staff it vs the balance of the mountain.  

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1670176350074686?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Twenty six fans and seventy-something new towers.

I figure that's Paradise, Came Soonish, Home Stretch, Shuttle, Lower Main Street, Midway, Come Around, Easy Out, Vista, Burma as their opening day ambitions.

And if they keep upgrading like they have been, they have a legitimate path to add Lazy Mile and Tuts Lane or Dreamweaver to that opening day map. If every trail at Blue gets swapped to those low energy towers or fans, they could in theory run the whole mountain at once. And management has apparently figured that out.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Larchmont said:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1670176350074686?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Twenty six fans and seventy-something new towers.

I figure that's Paradise, Came Soonish, Home Stretch, Shuttle, Lower Main Street, Midway, Come Around, Easy Out, Vista, Burma as their opening day ambitions.

And if they keep upgrading like they have been, they have a legitimate path to add Lazy Mile and Tuts Lane or Dreamweaver to that opening day map. If every trail at Blue gets swapped to those low energy towers or fans, they could in theory run the whole mountain at once. And management has apparently figured that out.

If there’s a massive cold snap pre opening…let’s hope. 

• Like 1

The Paradise+Finally Here, Midway+Lower Main Street, Burma Road, and Vista+Easy Out, with runout to the lifts, is what they're able to start up at 27 degrees on the first day. Basically two trails off each peak. Paradise is the weak link, every other trail on that list has at least as much firepower as Burma does. Middle Paradise might get stripped to connect Freeballing if they're really pushing things.

• 3 weeks later...