Zee Lights

skifreak

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Would be nice to see a high speed lift replace the Burma and Main Street chairs..about time for the quad to be replaced as well.  

Replacing the doubles with a detachable, high-speed quad would be sweet, although it would dump more traffic onto Main Street.

NEW PAGE!!!

Edited by indiggio

Just now, indiggio said:

Replacing the doubles with a detachable, high-speed quad would be sweet, although it would dump more traffic onto Main Street.

NEW PAGE!!!

Two doubles is a similar amount of lift capacity to one high speed quad.  It goes double as fast but the chairs are also spaced double as far apart so still a chair every 7 seconds or so. Dumping more people on Main Street is a good thing. Spreads out the traffic.  I know you bumpers use Main Street regularly but most don’t use it much. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Would be nice to see a high speed lift replace the Burma and Main Street chairs..about time for the quad to be replaced as well.  

Then you might as well make main street go to the bottom of whatever that teaching hill is, and put up another super duper high capacity lift.  3 high speeds to the top.  

But as Indiggio pointed out, getting lots of people to the top fast, isnt necessarily a good thing.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why does the Quad need to be replaced?  How old is it?

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Two doubles is a similar amount of lift capacity to one high speed quad.  It goes double as fast but the chairs are also spaced double as far apart so still a chair every 7 seconds or so. Dumping more people on Main Street is a good thing. Spreads out the traffic.  I know you bumpers use Main Street regularly but most don’t use it much. 

We use it because of the lines at the high-speed chairs that everyone uses on the weekends, when even the VIP lines are long.
Plus you don't have to deal with Shuttle and the mess outside the readers at the 6.

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Then you might as well make main street go to the bottom of whatever that teaching hill is, and put up another super duper high capacity lift.  3 high speeds to the top. 

I also heard rumors of getting rid of/replacing Vista chair since it's so old, with something that goes all the way to the bottom, but I just can't see that.
What would they do for early season skiing?

The same with taking Main Street all the way to the bottom.  They'd have to make more snow to open.

Or, perhaps, if they did take Main all the way to the bottom, they could have all ski operations in the Valley, leaving the Summit just for "entertaining/weddings".

All this would be solved if Ray tuthill was brought back during the Resurrection..Bruce as well.  We’d have 730am weekend openings, no closing during rain, twice daily grooming and Rays grill on skis would be back.  

Bring back Bo as well!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I also heard rumors of getting rid of/replacing Vista chair since it's so old, with something that goes all the way to the bottom, but I just can't see that.

The same with taking Main Street all the way to the bottom.  They'd have to make more snow to open.

Or, perhaps, if they did take Main all the way to the bottom, they could have all ski operations in the Valley, leaving the Summit just for "entertaining/weddings".

I don’t think a connection between Main Street and the learning area is going to happen.  

25 years 

I don't think that's old for a lift.  They probably gauge its age based on run-time hours anyway.  Maybe it get's refurbished in 5 years, but I doubt we'll see it replaced soon.

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

I don't think that's old for a lift.  They probably gauge its age based on run-time hours anyway.  Maybe it get's refurbished in 5 years, but I doubt we'll see it replaced soon.

Those lifts are constantly being refurbished, every time they let it break down, they get new parts for it!

• Haha 1

Just now, RootDKJ said:

That’s old for a high speed detachable lift. Stowe and hunter both replaced theirs in the last few years but the Comet quad at Blue isn’t the work horse it was prior to 2007

9 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I cant take credit for this idea, since i heard it last year from someone else.  But the early season dilemma of making snow top to bottom ran through my mind as well.  

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Those lifts are constantly being refurbished, every time they let it break down, they get new parts for it!

IMO, refurbished means older machine made to run like new.  

I cant for the life of me figure out why they cant make those lifts operate consistently.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I cant take credit for this idea, since i heard it last year from someone else.  But the early season dilemma of making snow top to bottom ran through my mind as well.  

IMO, refurbished means older machine made to run like new.  

I cant for the life of me figure out why they cant make those lifts operate consistently.  

Make no bones about it, i am notorious at work for being able to "make something work" thats broke, with a clothes hanger, some duct tape, and a hubcap, but it doesnt mean i fixed it or refurbished it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Make no bones about it, i am notorious at work for being able to "make something work" thats broke, with a clothes hanger, some duct tape, and a hubcap, but it doesnt mean i fixed it or refurbished it.  

I once fixed mini blinds with duct tape.  I’m not good at fixing zippers..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vail resorts ? Really ? That's so.......basic.

If there is one thing Blue mtn isn't it's basic. Weird means different and different in this sense is mostly good. I can't knock her at the end of the day if she takes the $$ and runs, the ski business is shitty and who knows if anyone else would want it. That said I would be disappointed if she sold, Blue is Blue, it has character and is interesting, Vail is wonderful but does the EC need another Disney type place ? What about another faux Austrian village like Stratton or a billion other places ? 5 high speed 100000 packs won't make the skiing any better and it's sure as shit going to make almost everything else worse. Does blue sometimes make some rather interesting choices ? Sure but they also employ people almost entirely from the area. Think about if you can even name another resort that does that. Besides skiing fast on Paradise they let us do pretty much whatever we want. When it snows they have never once said a word to me about skiing wherever. Fuck this weekend there is a dude who's going to make Creme fucking Brulee in their parking lot. The owner walked into the parking lot and asked a bunch of men drinking beer at 1030am what we thought if she asked us to move and when we were not so thrilled did absolutely nothing. Think about that for a second, what if we did Sausage Sunday outside of a karate dojo, in most of the world that shit just doesn't fly.

I've been lots of places, there is a place for Vail resorts but there is also a place for slightly weird places that break the mold. Skiing shouldn't be golf and if saving a couple hundo on traveling places is something you'd give up alot of things money can't buy than Vail resorts is right up your alley. Vail resorts loooooooves bubble lifts, what more do I have to say ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1