Zee Lights

skifreak

11 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Oh good rumors take off...

If anyone noticed at the top of the quad there's a giant wooden totem pole gateway arch thing that is foreshadowing a large expansion into a different zone. 

That has been there for 5+ years. It’s for their Spartan race that they host. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Oh good rumors take off...

If anyone noticed at the top of the quad there's a giant wooden totem pole gateway arch thing that is foreshadowing a large expansion into a different zone. 

Camelback planted one of those this winter and a terrain park grew in its shadow.

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Vail resorts ? Really ? That's so.......basic.

If there is one thing Blue mtn isn't it's basic. Weird means different and different in this sense is mostly good. I can't knock her at the end of the day if she takes the $$ and runs, the ski business is shitty and who knows if anyone else would want it. That said I would be disappointed if she sold, Blue is Blue, it has character and is interesting, Vail is wonderful but does the EC need another Disney type place ? What about another faux Austrian village like Stratton or a billion other places ? 5 high speed 100000 packs won't make the skiing any better and it's sure as shit going to make almost everything else worse. Does blue sometimes make some rather interesting choices ? Sure but they also employ people almost entirely from the area. Think about if you can even name another resort that does that. Besides skiing fast on Paradise they let us do pretty much whatever we want. When it snows they have never once said a word to me about skiing wherever. Fuck this weekend there is a dude who's going to make Creme fucking Brulee in their parking lot. The owner walked into the parking lot and asked a bunch of men drinking beer at 1030am what we thought if she asked us to move and when we were not so thrilled did absolutely nothing. Think about that for a second, what if we did Sausage Sunday outside of a karate dojo, in most of the world that shit just doesn't fly.

I've been lots of places, there is a place for Vail resorts but there is also a place for slightly weird places that break the mold. Skiing shouldn't be golf and if saving a couple hundo on traveling places is something you'd give up alot of things money can't buy than Vail resorts is right up your alley. Vail resorts loooooooves bubble lifts, what more do I have to say ?

Remember this one!!!  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/unofficialnetworks.com/2018/12/27/dear-vail-resorts-open-letter-vail-pissed-yorker-legal-marijuana-resorts/amp/

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Counting on this Vail deal to go through, already made a list of all the places on the Epic Pass I'm going to ski next season.

Want to carpool to Okemo?..we can crash in SallyCats condo..we can do Rock Paper Scissors for the futon. Loser sleeps on the bean bag chair. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Want to carpool to Okemo?..we can crash in SallyCats condo..we can do Rock Paper Scissors for the futon. Loser sleeps on the bean bag chair. 

Ok I always sort of wanted to check out Okemo and ride the 6 person heated bubble chair. 

You do not want Vail or any other corporation buy Blue......Everything will change...

I was riding at BC/Doe Mountain ever since they opened it to snowboarding...Taught there for like 13 years....

Doe Mountain was a total shit hole by anybodies  standards....but it was ours....You could  pretty much do whatever you wanted to.

Kinda what you guys have at Blue

When Doe Mountain got sold,everything changed...Sure the snow was way better,but way more people...way more expensive...cameras everywhere...No more fun....It totally harshed our buzz...

So....You do not want Blue to be sold....Just my two cents...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

You do not want Vail or any other corporation buy Blue......Everything will change...

I was riding at BC/Doe Mountain ever since they opened it to snowboarding...Taught there for like 13 years....

Doe Mountain was a total shit hole by anybodies  standards....but it was ours....You could  pretty much do whatever you wanted to.

Kinda what you guys have at Blue

When Doe Mountain got sold,everything changed...Sure the snow was way better,but way more people...way more expensive...cameras everywhere...No more fun....It totally harshed our buzz...

So....You do not want Blue to be sold....Just my two cents...

I don't disagree with this. 

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Dont really see a prob with the Vail thing. Never had any prob skiing trees at Vail. What was the other potential issue? Having to go to the bar if you want to drink at 10:30 am?

You really dont get it. But thats ok, some people never will. Enjoy Peak. 

• Like 5