Zee Lights

skifreak

Blue rarely does that well XMAS week it usually rains then or limited terrain. January and February are the money making months.

From your perspective you might not think they do well depending on the weather, but I guarantee you that they are still some of the highest revenue days of the year. People still come and they still spend money.

From your perspective you might not think they do well depending on the weather, but I guarantee you that they are still some of the highest revenue days of the year. People still come and they still spend money.

You haven't been at blue XMAS week. I would say only one of the last 5 XMAS weeks was good weather. One year was just vista lift and then Main Street and two years it poured rain. The stars have to align for Blue mountain to do well XMAS week...usually either limited terrain and or bad weather. So if the stars align those XMAS to New Years days are busy but it usually doesn't start getting busy on the weekend at Blue until January.

Ride I'm not sure why you question Doug on Blue given the thousands of days that he's been there compared to the handful of days that you have. I appreciate your insight but I'm beginning to think that you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.
  • Like 1

Blue is mostly day trippers. Most of them probably check the weather and conditions before coming up. If it's a shitty December I'm sure Doug is correct on them not doing well that week. JFBB is more people who are renting a place for the week or long weekend. Most people make those plans long before the start of the season so they are busy Xmas week.

New Year's Eve is not busy...new years day is not busy...they are closed XMAS day...that leaves then a potential of 5 days between XMAS and New Years. Some people still have work during that period but as poconoOceanCity said it all comes down to weather and conditions. If Blue is lucky enough to get a large chunk of terrain open pre XMAS week and the. Are again lucky enough to have nice weather that week it can be really busy. That just doesn't happen often. Usually at least one or two of those days it rains and sometimes Blue only has Main Street open then.

Ride I'm not sure why you question Doug on Blue given the thousands of days that he's been there compared to the handful of days that you have. I appreciate your insight but I'm beginning to think that you're arguing just for the sake of arguing.

QFT. I forgot Blue was a day tripping mountain. I'm used to sold out overpriced rentals that have to be paid for months ahead of time and used regardless.
  • Like 1