Zee Lights

skifreak

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yeah, definitely better just sitting on your ass. 

Roots on my side he’s anti freedom as well and so is NMski and Law.  Not all of us go googoo Gaga day over it like you. Plus this this the Blue thread so what do you think about the upcoming snowmaking window???  

10 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

Who knows... After Tuesday through Thursday snowmaking, half of BB could be open.

That would be super, but for some reason, Boulder is first to open, and last to open 100%.  Last year it took them at least a month to be 100%.  not sure if once they get 2-3 trails open, they ship a bunch of fan guns to Frost to work over there or what.  

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

That would be super, but for some reason, Boulder is first to open, and last to open 100%.  Last year it took them at least a month to be 100%.  not sure if once they get 2-3 trails open, they ship a bunch of fan guns to Frost to work over there or what.  

Would make good sense to me as even TTB Bpulder is full and the only interest it holds for me is being open when nothing else is

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If Blue can’t get open this weekend looks like it won’t be open for another two weeks based on the forecast.  Doesn’t look like snowmaking temps this coming weekend or early next week. 

your bumming me out lol, i rode yesterday under the assumption that it would be my only BB early season day.  i still would find it hard to believe montage opens before blue, but we shall see.

32 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

your bumming me out lol, i rode yesterday under the assumption that it would be my only BB early season day.  i still would find it hard to believe montage opens before blue, but we shall see.

Good thing you got out yesterday. Imagine just sitting around in a hotel room instead of skiing!? 

Montage does have a bit better climate than Blue, so that plays to their advantage. Montage seems to be improving year after year with all of their activities and year-round events outside of skiing so it is nice to see them try to make a push to open to get some of that early season market. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

True if I owned Blue I would gather all the snowmakers into my office and give them a pep talk and tell them that if you can make enough snow to open on Black Friday that I’d give them all $10 WaWa giftcards.  You’d be amazed at how motivated they’d be with a little incentive.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Good thing you got out yesterday. Imagine just sitting around in a hotel room instead of skiing!? 

Montage does have a bit better climate than Blue, so that plays to their advantage. Montage seems to be improving year after year with all of their activities and year-round events outside of skiing so it is nice to see them try to make a push to open to get some of that early season market. 

I'm pretty blown away that Montage might open before Blue.  Very interested to see what they open with on Friday.  

P.S. - i am starting to get the feeling GSS doesnt want to ski at Boulder.  

• Haha 1

Saturday seems more realistic, but I guess Friday could still be possible. 

As stated before, it all depends on their mindset. If they want to open just for the sake of opening, they could lay down enough snow to open on Friday. The question is whether they want to stockpile, open to stay open, or open just to close and sacrifice thousands of $$$ on snowmaking for one weekend. I feel confident they will open, but I would only think Friday is in the cards if they think Saturday/Sunday is a wash. However, that same mindset could lead to them stockpiling and waiting until a later date.