Zee Lights

skifreak

25 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Maybe some of the crowds will go elsewhere!

That’s the hope!!!  I think $600 is the perfect equilibrium. 40% more and they may sell 10-20% fewer passes.  They’re smart for once.  That’s my boy Blue and TP4 is right doesn’t make any difference for six figure people or trust funders.  

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s the hope!!!  I think $600 is the perfect equilibrium. 40% more and they may sell 10-20% fewer passes.  They’re smart for once.  That’s my boy Blue and TP4 is right doesn’t make any difference for six figure people or trust funders.  

Well, who do you think is flooding BM every weekend if not six figure people from NYC/NJ? By your own words they won't care, so here's to the hope that the crowds will thin.

27 minutes ago, eaf said:

Now they simply take advantage of the pandemic and the restrictions that they themselves have put up. I won't be surprised if after spending the entire season in the stupid online waiting room, gambling with weather, dealing with almost a black market on FB trying to get a ticket for sold out weekends, people will prefer to swallow the new season pass price to never have to go and reserve tickets at "discounted rates" weeks in advance again. So marketing may in fact be doing its job quite right, but this substantial increase still feels like a slap in the face. Damn!

They weren’t charging enough for season passes now the price is right.  I really hope they did listen to me because I’m better at business than most of the Blue mountain top brass...

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m happy!!!  Still a great deal and I said before even if it was $1,000 I’d buy it.  It’s $170 more than last year.  That’s what most spend in a week on booze and groceries. 

170 is the most famous number on this Forum. TFTI

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Schif said:

Maybe this is a sign of things to come. Perhaps the online reservation system is here to stay. 

Of course it will. Saves them employment expenses as they don’t need to have several ticket windows..automated is the future..at CVS I do self checkout even if there’s a cashier available with no line and I do it in Spanish.  

We want Blue to be successful and do well..

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’ll miss the shorter drive and commaraderie.  

I'm surprised people are shocked by $600. The writing was on the wall once they started charging $110 or whatever for weekend tickets and lines were still out the azz

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm surprised people are shocked by $600. The writing was on the wall once they started charging $110 or whatever for weekend tickets and lines were still out the azz

Most PASRs are just super cheap.  Always been that way.  I like spending money and with no Jackson hole trip, no Colorado trip last spring, a lot less dining out and bars along with two stimulus checks I think I can handle the increase.  

56 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

It should have been cheaper for existing pass holders.....

Guess I'll be eating ramen for the next couple of months...

This would have me more ticked off than anything. You and I would pay the same exact price, and I’m not a current pass holder. They should have some type of discount for tenured passholders  

• Like 2

Would I rather pay whatever we paid last year?  Sure.  Like @GrilledSteezeSandwich said, it's $170 more to ski the best mountain in PA, it's super convenient, and has the best parking lot scene.  Remember, Blue is in the business to make money, and they've got *tons* of people hooked over the last few years at cheap prices, it only makes sense to raise prices given the demand.  I doubt the price increase will have any affect on the season pass take rate on PASR, but if it makes you feel better, keep on bitching.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Would I rather pay whatever we paid last year?  Sure.  Like @GrilledSteezeSandwich said, it's $170 more to ski the best mountain in PA, it's super convenient, and has the best parking lot scene.  Remember, Blue is in the business to make money, and they've got *tons* of people hooked over the last few years at cheap prices, it only makes sense to raise prices given the demand.  I doubt the price increase will have any affect on the season pass take rate on PASR, but if it makes you feel better, keep on bitching.  🤷‍♂️

Easy to send that from your 6 weeks ski trip in Colorado 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2