Zee Lights

skifreak

T minus 2 hours and change... So who is going to get 1st chair in the state... Bleu the true or Jackson Frost vail mf

Both are supposed to open at 9 but I feel like Blue is more likely to get going early or on time.

I kind of want to watch the webcam but  don't know if I quite care that much

Blue is more impressive in any case since they're 1000ft lower base elevation and further south and I still don't understand why vail isn't opening BB first... probably could have gotten that running last weekend

20 minutes ago, abe said:

T minus 2 hours and change... So who is going to get 1st chair in the state... Bleu the true or Jackson Frost vail mf

Both are supposed to open at 9 but I feel like Blue is more likely to get going early or on time.

I kind of want to watch the webcam but  don't know if I quite care that much

Blue getting going early...never...on time...maybe...

• Like 1

Well tell the lifties at the bottom of main street or vista they better get the chairs loaded pronto to shut down Vail's "proudly first to open, last to close in the state" nonsense they have all over the JFBB and Wildcat websites lol

Blue and 7Springs were both open longer last spring and trying to open JF before BB is stupid.  Pro marketing opportunity for Blue.

Anyway, skiing in PA opens for the year in 2 hours have fun lg

Edited by abe

29 minutes ago, abe said:

Blue is more impressive in any case since they're 1000ft lower base elevation and further south and I still don't understand why vail isn't opening BB first... probably could have gotten that running last weekend

I dont think Vail cares much about the whole first to open, last to close.  Even though BB is slated for some lift upgrades, i still think Vail looks at BB like its the red headed step child.  like, "ugh, do we have to open that resort?"  I feel Frost fits their business model a little better than Boulder.  Boulder has the whole Park thing associated with it, not that its a terrible thing, but it doesnt seem the park scene is what it was 10 years ago.  

As a JFBB pass holder for years, i would have absolutely been way happier to have them working on Frost first.  Big fucking deal they can open Freedom in like 24 hrs.  To quote GSS, its a tilted table top.  

Frost may have a better snowmaking system.  BB is all fan guns, they dont have a compressor there any more.  not that the fan guns are bad, but it boils down to pumps at that point.  Plus, the past few years BB snowmaking has been problematic with algae and whatnot.  Keep in mind, years past, BB was first to open, but last to get 100% open.  

It will be interesting to see when they start snowmaking at BB.  

• Like 5

On 11/30/2021 at 5:29 PM, toast21602 said:

WJW. Thanks for the tag. I don’t see anything but I don’t actually know where to look. Maybe it’s a delayed notification.  I’ll submit a ticket to IT support and let you know what I hear. 

Maybe you should restart your computer.

That’s the type of advice I usually receive from IT. it usually get that advice 3 days after the original ticket was submitted so it should work for you

14 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s looking like decent midweek snowmaking temperatures for a little resurface and maybe get Burma open and start on lazy mile and upper Main Street.  It’s not looking very probable that we’ll get a midweek snowstorm but things change.  

Today is utter shit butnthe next few days after that get pretty good (please excuse the massive target ad).

SmartSelect_20211206-050757_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Today is utter shit butnthe next few days after that get pretty good (please excuse the massive target ad).

Yeah today will suck and I'm curious to see how much damage will be done to what is there, but the next few days should bring us a new trail or two this upcoming weekend!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

It looks to me like there is more bad than good in the forecast for the upcoming week.  we wont get out of the upper lot for a while with temps going up and down like they are.  

I hope i am really wrong.  

I think you’re right and I think Toast is wrong but at least some good.  If it’s all bad we won’t be skiing this weekend. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Blue mountain has a gingerbread workshop coming up..if we can get 5+ of us together it’s under $10 per person.   They also have breakfast with Santa..$30 for adults and $20 for kids.  No omelette bar or carving station and I’m guessing the OJ isn’t fresh squeezed so I’m out but some of you with kids or who still believe in Santa might be interested.  Blue is becoming a real deal resort.  I even got an email thanking me for visiting this weekend.