Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

• 2 weeks later...

It’s simply insane in Jackson, WY right now…2/10/2017

INBOUNDS skier-triggered avalanche CLOSED Snow King ski area today.

“Massive wind storm” downed 17 power lines on Tuesday and left left Teton Village without power and the Jackson Hole ski resort closed until at least Monday.

All the hotels in Teton Village had to be evacuated due to the loss of power.

It’s been POURING rain up to 8,500′ Wednesday, Thursday, and today (44ºF at midnight last night).

The Avalanche Danger is Extreme and High in the Tetons today and yesterday

Avalanche Warning Issued by NOAA and Bridger-Teton Avy Center today and yesterday

Flood Warning Issued by NOAA yesterday

Teton Pass, WY closed on Tuesday and has not reopened since. It’s estimated to reopen on Saturday.

Nearly all roads leaving Jackson, WY are currently closed. You can’t exactly leave Jackson right now…

• 8 months later...

Can't wait to get out there to Jackson Hole again beginning of Feb. Last year I was out there Feb 7th when the power went out. I was on the 2nd last Tram going up. They never should have let anyone off it was that dangerous. 100mph wind gusts came through that night, took down 17 poles, and a serious avalanche occurred on Teton Pass making an easy ride to Grand Targhee a nightmare! 

• Like 1

Can't wait to get out there to Jackson Hole again beginning of Feb. Last year I was out there Feb 7th when the power went out. I was on the 2nd last Tram going up. They never should have let anyone off it was that dangerous. 100mph wind gusts came through that night, took down 17 poles, and a serious avalanche occurred on Teton Pass making an easy ride to Grand Targhee a nightmare!

Welcome to PASR. Bad timing to be at JH during the power outage. How many days did you get to ski?

Welcome to PASR! I left Jackson hole the day before that storm hit

Thanks guys!   GrilledSteezeSandwich I got 3 days out of a 6 day trip. It was a trip to remember. Mother nature always gives ya just enough. Two of the days were all time. So much snow and drifting they shut the tram down half the day because the snow drifts at the top were to high the tram couldn't clear. Later in the afternoon they limited to 50 passengers. 

This year I'm doing the Mountain Collective & MAX Pass.  Out west 32 days this winter across 6 trips. 5 Days at Jackson Hole. Anybody doing trips out west this winter let me know dates as I might be out there. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you! 

• Like 2

Thanks guys!   GrilledSteezeSandwich I got 3 days out of a 6 day trip. It was a trip to remember. Mother nature always gives ya just enough. Two of the days were all time. So much snow and drifting they shut the tram down half the day because the snow drifts at the top were to high the tram couldn't clear. Later in the afternoon they limited to 50 passengers. 

This year I'm doing the Mountain Collective & MAX Pass.  Out west 32 days this winter across 6 trips. 5 Days at Jackson Hole. Anybody doing trips out west this winter let me know dates as I might be out there. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you!

Good stuff do you ride at Blue mountain at all?

damn, this is a legit winter planned.  props

I have been planning this since last December and yes you're correct a lot of vacation saved and a lot of flyer miles and hotel points used. Here are the dates this year for the trips. I can give anyone more detail if they think they're around the area on those dates. Blue is a home mountain for me and definitely wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys. I live in the Allentown area. Just a 29 year old guy who loves extreme sports and is easy going. (surfing, snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking) 

Jan 17th - 21st   CO  (Copper, Winter Park, Loveland, A-basin)

Jan 27th - Feb 10th  (Snowbird, Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, Mammoth, )

March 3rd -10th  (Telluride, Snowmass) 

Possibly trying to squeeze a 3 day Whistler session in the beginning of Jan, but might push that back to 2019 for the heli package up there to have more time in British Columbia. 

• Like 2

I have been planning this since last December and yes you're correct a lot of vacation saved and a lot of flyer miles and hotel points used. Here are the dates this year for the trips. I can give anyone more detail if they think they're around the area on those dates. Blue is a home mountain for me and definitely wouldn't mind meeting up with you guys. I live in the Allentown area. Just a 29 year old guy who loves extreme sports and is easy going. (surfing, snowboarding, skiing, mountain biking) 

Jan 17th - 21st   CO  (Copper, Winter Park, Loveland, A-basin)

Jan 27th - Feb 10th  (Snowbird, Snowbasin, Solitude, Brighton, Big Sky, Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, Mammoth, )

March 3rd -10th  (Telluride, Snowmass) 

Possibly trying to squeeze a 3 day Whistler session in the beginning of Jan, but might push that back to 2019 for the heli package up there to have more time in British Columbia.

I have buddy tickets to Copper and WP. Message me closer to your dates if you want any.

• Like 3