Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Going to post some of my favorite JH photos to date.  Some of the best ones are from Toast / GSS.  Not many taken by me.

The first picture is at the top of the Cirque . The Tram and Thunder lift can be seen on the ridge top in the distance.  The second picture is from the top of the Hobacks.  Really not that steep, just made for a good photo.  Thanks Toast!  

Jackson Hole experiences a ton of inversions.  Frequently -10F at the base and +20F at the top of the Gondola and creates a wicked fog at the base.  Both of these photos were from inversion days.

IMG_6553.jpg

e156e3f637a6c47f9df2a5a9076c3153.jpg

• Like 7

We tend to take more pictures on groomer days...when the powder panic sets in...there's no stopping for pictures.IMG_6562.jpg

But when it snows....it snows.  This was from 2 years ago.  Snowed 20"+ after being dry for awhile (4"+ the previous afternoon, 17" since the lifts closed).  Doug and I arrived in the tram line around 7:20am and we knew we weren't going to be in the first tram, but easily in the 2nd.  9am came and went.  Finally around 9:50am the mountain opened.  We got to the top around 10:20am, and skied the best run of my life, 4100 vert from the top of the Tram to the bottom of South Hoback.  It was over the head right down to the cat track.  There is a great video from Jess McMillan (JH athlete) from the same day, probably a few minutes ahead of us.

IMG_2774.png

• Like 1

That's a sweet video..I usually don't ski the Hobacks without a stop to pee. 

Looks like another couple inches fell on the upper 2/3 of the resort.  Rain below 7,000 feet. It's only November though and they opened with 8 of 12 lifts.  

Below photo is from unofficial networks from the Thunder Quad with one of the Tram towers. IMG_1735.thumb.PNG.3ea1edfb0f536868e17749bdc4a522e0.PNGIMG_1736.thumb.PNG.4d0bb49ca74e10f58cfcf012f8561cea.PNG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I thought you would rather not lose a JH day when I posed that question. I would certainly like to go to JH, especially after seeing the pictures you guys posted, but the likelihood is low. Although my wife did give me her blessing to take a western trip, I was thinking more along the line of Utah if I was to go. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zzslope said:

I thought you would rather not lose a JH day when I posed that question. I would certainly like to go to JH, especially after seeing the pictures you guys posted, but the likelihood is low. Although my wife did give me her blessing to take a western trip, I was thinking more along the line of Utah if I was to go. 

Well if she gave you her blessing than go!!!