Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

8 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Go with GSS to Colorado later this year.

No that's a solo trip...and Salty odds are pretty slim that you'll even get any powder to ski out west.  My suggestion is the next time we get snow make it to Camelback for first tracks and enjoy it.  It's a learning experience it takes a lot of days of skiing powder to figure it out.  It's the exact opposite of skiing hardpack..you don't use your edges you just shift your weight and yes I recommend powder skis and also take a powder clinic in addition to a racing clinic, mogul clinic, ski ballet clinic and an adult cooking class at the local community college. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No that's a solo trip...and Salty odds are pretty slim that you'll even get any powder to ski out west.  My suggestion is the next time we get snow make it to Camelback for first tracks and enjoy it.  It's a learning experience it takes a lot of days of skiing powder to figure it out.  It's the exact opposite of skiing hardpack..you don't use your edges you just shift your weight and yes I recommend powder skis and also take a powder clinic in addition to a racing clinic, mogul clinic, ski ballet clinic and an adult cooking class at the local community college. 

If we get a significant snowfall again this year I'll have to stay at the hotel, or sleep in my car. We had powder a few days this year at First Trax, but I want to ski in the knee deep powder like in videos from out west.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If we get a significant snowfall again this year I'll have to stay at the hotel, or sleep in my car. We had powder a few days this year at First Trax, but I want to ski in the knee deep powder like in videos from out west.

Maybe you'll get a nice pow pow day at Stowe..shit gets tracked out fast up there so be sure to arrive before 730am on a pow day and wait in line for first quad chair.  If you don't arrive until 8am start at the gondola as that doesn't open until 830am

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Maybe you'll get a nice pow pow day at Stowe..shit gets tracked out fast up there so be sure to arrive before 730am on a pow day and wait in line for first quad chair.  If you don't arrive until 8am start at the gondola as that doesn't open until 830am

Thanks, I'll be there early for First Trax. I'll be there Mon thru Wed, and then hit up Killington on Thu-Fri.