Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

With this insane amount of snow, why are they not fully open yet?

jh3.png

Because the insane amount of snow has been on the upper mountain..below mid mountain there hasn't been a lot of snow. Big difference between the summit at 10,450 feet and the base at 6300. This next storm should have most terrain open for this weekend.   Usually by our trip in late January they are just getting the last things open like Saratoga bowl. The Hobacks usually opens around now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Remember Eef is a noob. Jackson hole has some serious rocky terrain. Good thing they receive 400-500" of snow most seasons..600" in the big years. At the base it's probably about 1/3 that amount. 

I haven't been there, that's all. Kind of deceiving of them to say that they had a 200" of snowfall this season.

This is gonna be my 15th trip to Jackson hole..I've never even skied vail. It's all good I hear about Vail every trip to Jackson hole from the goobers that got suckered into the fact that JH now promotes itself to blue square skiers who wish they had gone to Vail because they terrain at JH is Steep!!!  I do wish JH had more merges and connections. Some runs go straight down the entire mountain..crazy. 

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

I haven't been there, that's all. Kind of deceiving of them to say that they had a 200" of snowfall this season.

Not deceiving most ski resorts measure snowfall and report statistics from an upper elevation stake. Trust me places in the east like Stowe and jay peak aren't averaging 300" of snowfall a year at the base..the same for Colorado and Utah resorts.  In Tahoe it's even more of a discrepancy due to frequent low elevation rainfall. 

If somebody could find something to complain about at Jackson hole it would be Eef. Shit without our season pass discount lift tickets are $130 a day. The most worth it $130 ever.  

My my biggest complaints at JHMR is that the alpenhof doesn't serve soft pretzels at lunch time anymore, the soft pretzels at the four seasons are $13 with cheese sauce for dipping and the mangy moose doesn't serve nachos until happy hour.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is gonna be my 15th trip to Jackson hole..I've never even skied vail. It's all good I hear about Vail every trip to Jackson hole from the goobers that got suckered into the fact that JH now promotes itself to blue square skiers who wish they had gone to Vail because they terrain at JH is Steep!!!  I do wish JH had more merges and connections. Some runs go straight down the entire mountain..crazy. 

Salty please lend him your GoPro. I want to see this! GSS straighlining JH.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If somebody could find something to complain about at Jackson hole it would be Eef. Shit without our season pass discount lift tickets are $130 a day. The most worth it $130 ever.  

Oh, that's not even complaining yet.  You just keep on posting some abstract numbers, so I get all excited that heeeey, that might be a good next year trip, open their map and then... Oops. But "It's all normal", GSS says. And I sigh with relief and continue planning.

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

Salty please lend him your GoPro. I want to see this! GSS straighlining JH.

Me and Atomic Jeff hit over 80mph when we skied with Dennis last season. He's a local who skis every single day open to ??? Then goes to his job making skis. I recorded a video on my old iPhone skiing several runs back in 2010 I wonder if Atomic Jeff can find it. Included screaming fast runs on amphitheater, Laramie bowl, thunder bumps and bivoac. Both poles in one hand iPhone in other hand. My max vert day at JH was in 2007 bell to bell day. 28 runs and just over 61,000 vert..top to bottom runs off the 2800 vert gondola in under three minutes woooo

thay day was 9-4 with a bowl of spaghetti for lunch.  Most of my groomer days at JH are about half that much vert..it's go go go go. First gondola to thunder to sublette to sublette again by 940

tram on big pow days to start or if there's no line..but gondola is a way more comfortable start than being crammed in the 100 passenger tram with a bunch of bros with back packs. I won't ski with a backpack on..if I'm thirsty I eat snow. Just watch out where the huskys go and don't you eat that yellow snow. 

Im getting excited for Jackson hole.  Only two more weeks. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Me and Atomic Jeff hit over 80mph when we skied with Dennis last season. He's a local who skis every single day open to ??? Then goes to his job making skis. I recorded a video on my old iPhone skiing several runs back in 2010 I wonder if Atomic Jeff can find it. Included screaming fast runs on amphitheater, Laramie bowl, thunder bumps and bivoac. Both poles in one hand iPhone in other hand. My max vert day at JH was in 2007 bell to bell day. 28 runs and just over 61,000 vert..top to bottom runs off the 2800 vert gondola in under three minutes woooo

I'm genuinely interested. Do find it.

4 minutes ago, eaf said:

Oh, that's not even complaining yet.  You just keep on posting some abstract numbers, so I get all excited that heeeey, that might be a good next year trip, open their map and then... Oops. But "It's all normal", GSS says. And I sigh with relief and continue planning.

Eaf the amount of people who have booked trips to Jackson hole because of my love for the mountain is staggering. Jackson hole chamber of commerce should be sending me a edible fruit arrangement 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'm genuinely interested. Do find it.

I just messaged Atomic Jeff to see if he can find it.  It was on the PASR YouTube page before but was removed at some point.  I'll post the turn down for Jackson video of me actually making turns in the Hobacks in junky conditions to hold you over.  That video was picked up by Jackson holes twitter and got 4,000+ views. 

• Like 1