Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Ripping amphitheater with them out there is great. Scary fast. I’ve felt more comfortable in some cliffy steeps than going that fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny at Blue on a run like nightmare dreamweaver and even Razors Atomic Jeff can be faster than me at JH is where I do my fast skiing..when I get over about 65mph my open helmet vents whistle loudly..Dennis who will skied with was saying his app hit 81 or 83mph on grand and I passed him and on the lift the first thing he asked me was how much I weigh lol.  

Sketchiest moment was basically straightlining a groomed cirque then hitting the compression and then rollover and just barely holding it together. That's when Atomic Jeff had to roll the windows down..I actually haven't been stopped by ski patrol for fast skiing in a few years..

10 minutes ago, GSSucks said:

Its clear that you have never skied west of Ohio.... 

Oh, you're so full of yourself. Have you ever skied Alps?

I'll go now and put a bunch of thanks to GSS's post who actually took some time to explain what's going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'll go now and put a bunch of thanks to GSS's post who actually took some time to explain what's going on.

He leaves for Chamonix this weekend.

And seriously Eaf...200" of snow ain't shit.  300" is enough to provide decent coverage at JH, usually around a 65-70" base.  Problem is, there are 66" rocks.

4 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

He leaves for Chamonix this weekend.

And seriously Eaf...200" of snow ain't shit.  300" is enough to provide decent coverage at JH, usually around a 65-70" base.  Problem is, there are 66" rocks.

Great. Still it was kind of a snotty remark.

Edited by eaf

Just now, AtomicSkier said:

You're going to want 170cm RTMs to ski Tower 3 Chute, or Mushroom chutes.  Let me know how your skinny skis do!

[gasp] I thought it would be utterly disrespectful to even think about lame RTMs or devilish 170 while reading this thread??

You're going to want 170cm RTMs to ski Tower 3 Chute, or Mushroom chutes.  Let me know how your skinny skis do!  Notice all the rocks.

Tower-three-chute-area-2.thumb.jpg.488a42f1dd4fd80b33a63af983b39e71.jpg

Have you guys ever hit that in your trips? Serious terrain!!!! (Skiers right)

If I ever worked up the nerve it would be one long scream (until I bounced off a rock [emoji13])

15 minutes ago, eaf said:

[gasp] I thought it would be utterly disrespectful to even think about lame RTMs or devilish 170 while reading this thread??

i dunno if disrespectful is the word i'd use. it's a pretty mediocre ski at best, but use whatever works for ya, i guess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

Im actually not at all, it takes a large snow pack to cover rocks that are 50-80" tall or larger in the summer though. Skiing a full season at a large resort will change the way you look at everything, at the beginning of the season you think "there is no way that whole rock/cliff ban will fill in", by the end of the season you have completely forgotten about that rock/cliff ban until it starts to melt out again. Hell go hike around at Blue in the summer, you will realize what a 48" base really covers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Jesus. I was busy doing work and I find all this. Wow just wow, I have some catching up to do and need to read all these posts to see which I need to defend myself.

Ah, don't worry too much. It's same old stuff. It puzzles me a little that GSS would do it to his own thread though. But there is a chance to see a new cool video, so I'm hanging around and hitting F5 from time to time.