Jackson Hole stoke thread...2015-16!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Hey, whaaat? I thought it was only first Thursday of the month? Boy, did I screw up today or what?

No because they closed early last Thursday they extended the $12 deal to today.  Where have you been?  It's been posted multiple times on their FB page and on PASR

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No because they closed early last Thursday they extended the $12 deal to today.  Where have you been?  It's been posted multiple times on their FB page and on PASR

It was fucking glorious today. Perfectly soft spring snow, but not mush. Lower crowds, but more than expected for a Thursday, but I'm sure that killer deal added to that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

It was fucking glorious today. Perfectly soft spring snow, but not mush. Lower crowds, but more than expected for a Thursday, but I'm sure that killer deal added to that. 

Crap. I'll have to go and work on the weekend then. While it's raining. Maybe I should just keep the skis in my car all the time for surprises like this.

8 minutes ago, eaf said:

Crap. I'll have to go and work on the weekend then. While it's raining. Maybe I should just keep the skis in my car all the time for surprises like this.

My skis only leave my car when I'm on ski trips.  Looks like tomorrow will the rainy day.  Snow Saturday cold Sunday 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My skis only leave my car when I'm on ski trips.  Looks like tomorrow will the rainy day.  Snow Saturday cold Sunday 

Damn, it's gonna rain tonight too... Oh fine, it will be a test drive for the new jacket. We'll see how all those millimeters of waterproofness hold in real life.

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Damn, it's gonna rain tonight too... Oh fine, it will be a test drive for the new jacket. We'll see how all those millimeters of waterproofness hold in real life.

Not supposed to rain until around 10pm tonight.  Eaf are you a Bump skier?  Bumps should be nice. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Not supposed to rain until around 10pm tonight.  Eaf are you a Bump skier?  Bumps should be nice. 

No, I'm not. Nor am I a jumper, however yesterday when I got on that South peak with terrain parks all over the place and speeded down as usual, just trying to avoid major features, I managed to somehow end up on a wide jump and got so much of unexpected air, that I thought it would be the end of me for this season. 

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Have you guys ever hit that in your trips? Serious terrain!!!! (Skiers right)

If I ever worked up the nerve it would be one long scream (until I bounced off a rock emoji13.png)

Skiers far right is Tower 3 chute.  I skied it with a cracked out guy from Stevens Pass that wanted a tour.  GSS left me alone with this nut job while he went in to get something to drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

No, I'm not. Nor am I a jumper, however yesterday when I got on that South peak with terrain parks all over the place and speeded down as usual, just trying to avoid major features, I managed to somehow end up on a wide jump and got so much of unexpected air, that I thought it would be the end of me for this season. 

Wow you gotta look before you leap.  I've only done the bumps 3-4 days so far the season.  

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Skiers far right is Tower 3 chute.  I skied it with a cracked out guy from Stevens Pass that wanted a tour.  GSS left me alone with this nut job while he went in to get something to drink.

Oh yeah the guy who lived in a storage unit.  Yeah I wanted a Gatorade and the guy said he had beer in his truck 3,000+ vertical feet below. 

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow you gotta look before you leap.  I've only done the bumps 3-4 days so far the season.  

Well, by that time they've closed the racer's lift already. The slopes were empty, I knew it was gonna be my last run, so I wanted to make it epic. And epic it was.